Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I don't like seeing X lose. It would sting if X lost at chess or backgammon.

Clearly I'm a bigger fan...

Last sentence clearly sarcasm.
    But they tied? Honestly, Xavier should have won that game 4-1, terrible finishing was their downfall, not to mention only 2 subs the whole game due to injuries.

I am all for X, but sometimes you have to clap and move on. That was well done.

Rocket shot.

My son played on a traveling team with a kid with a HUGE leg. In warm ups he would routinely blast balls over the goal, the fence behind it and into a swamp or woods. It caused every kid to buy several balls a year as they were often not retrievable. On penalty kicks he didn't have to go away from the keeper as he could just as easily blow him back into the net. Instead, he'd kick it over the cross bar. "Keep it down!" everyone yelled. He finally caught on and learned to better use his skills.... he took up football and kicked a 59 yarder while Urban Meyer was on the sideline for a high school game. He promptly got offers from Florida, Michigan and others. Wound up choosing West Point, I believe. Learn to evolve and use what God gave you.

Akron has a phenomenal soccer program. Actually happy to see that X tied them.

Akron Goal versus X

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Akron has a phenomenal soccer program. Actually happy to see that X tied them.
    Haven't missed a beat with Caleb Porter leaving for MLS either.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Haven't missed a beat with Caleb Porter leaving for MLS either.
    Debatable, regardless they are going to get the best recruits in the country, however, after Porter left in 2012 it's just going to be hard for them to dominate like they did in the past (The 30 or so undefeated games may never happen again) and honestly, they were not that impressive from what I saw in the Spring, once our defensive mids were able to get past the first line of defense, there was a huge gap for them to exploit, as I said this could have easily been a 4-1, 5-1 game if our boys had their finishing boots on.

Sophomore
    I ran into a kid at the Flying Pig who should play a lot of minutes this year. He said he was pleased with the Spring overall, but lamented the missed chances in the Akron game. He was excited about the recruits coming in as well. There has also been talk of playing a 4-3-3 with one target and two split forwards, but they'd need a box-to-box mid like Matt Walker to pull it off. They currently don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I ran into a kid at the Flying Pig who should play a lot of minutes this year. He said he was pleased with the Spring overall, but lamented the missed chances in the Akron game. He was excited about the recruits coming in as well. There has also been talk of playing a 4-3-3 with one target and two split forwards, but they'd need a box-to-box mid like Matt Walker to pull it off. They currently don't have one.
    Closest thing would be either Kyle Martin or Walker Androit, they both like to push the play forward, and are attacking minded. Halfhill is more of a hold onto possession type of midfielder, that likes to swing it side to side before playing a forward ball.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Closest thing would be either Kyle Martin or Walker Androit, they both like to push the play forward, and are attacking minded. Halfhill is more of a hold onto possession type of midfielder, that likes to swing it side to side before playing a forward ball.
    ...Which is why it couldn't be executed. Attack minded MFs wouldn't work because there are three forwards, which already leaves you susceptible in the back. Possession minded MFs wouldn't work because your forwards would be under-utilized.