Thread: 2014 Masters

2014 Masters

Lots of story lines going into the final round....ended up being anticlimactic. I took Spieth for $10 at 10/1 after the second round. I was hoping he could pull it off. The first 9 holes today was absolutely nuts....but then it just kind of died. Nobody from behind made a move...I was disappointed with Kuchar's erratic play...course that's been his M.O. recently. I'll give Watson credit...he played tough down the stretch. But I'm just not a fan. I think he is a self entitled, arrogant prick. And I find him phony. The history of that guy's treatment of his caddy is ridiculous. He makes a bad shot...its the wind or its his caddy. Its never him. If you've never heard about this, just google it. He's on video multiple times just reaming his caddy after a bad putt, etc.

Oh well, the Masters was compelling television for about 2 hours. Guess it could have been worse. I think Spieth is the real deal.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Lots of story lines going into the final round....ended up being anticlimactic. I took Spieth for $10 at 10/1 after the second round. I was hoping he could pull it off. The first 9 holes today was absolutely nuts....but then it just kind of died. Nobody from behind made a move...I was disappointed with Kuchar's erratic play...course that's been his M.O. recently. I'll give Watson credit...he played tough down the stretch. But I'm just not a fan. I think he is a self entitled, arrogant prick. And I find him phony. The history of that guy's treatment of his caddy is ridiculous. He makes a bad shot...its the wind or its his caddy. Its never him. If you've never heard about this, just google it. He's on video multiple times just reaming his caddy after a bad putt, etc.

Oh well, the Masters was compelling television for about 2 hours. Guess it could have been worse. I think Spieth is the real deal.
    Wow thats interesting about Bubba, didnt know that. I always thought he was a down to earth guy and funny. I'll have to check that out. BTW he was 25/1 odds to win it at the beginning. Thats a good payday.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Yeah. Bubba is definitely kind of a chode. He is a pretty emotional dude, and I don't think he has really learned to control his reactions to bad events. That's why he is always yelling at his caddy, the crowd, etc. He also cries a lot.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

I'm with you on Spieth. I took him in my fantasy pool before the tournament started and really thought he was going to pull it off until the back nine.

And every time Bubba Watson cries, the sun rises in the east.