Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Is he participating in the Portsmouth Invitational? I believe it streams for free on NBA tv?
    That is for seniors only I believe

Good luck Semaj.
    If I had a choice though who I would want at X next year if Tu or Semaj were an option I would choose Tu.
    I'd be interested to see who other's would choose.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Good luck Semaj.
    If I had a choice though who I would want at X next year if Tu or Semaj were an option I would choose Tu.
    I'd be interested to see who other's would choose.
    Tu had balls of steel...no fear. I'll take Tu.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Let's get one thing straight....he's nothing like Rajon Rondo. Rajon Rondo is an ELITE NBA point guard...the kind of player that, at his best, can completely control an NBA game. He's a freak...arguable only Chris Paul being better at the position. He's also a pass first point guard with amazing passign skills....Semaj can pass, but doesn't even come close to the court vision of Rondo.

You people just make stuff up. Semaj will be extremely lucky to go in the first round, and may not get drafted at all. But yeah, keep up those Rondo comparisons. The only comparison is that neither can shoot.

Also...every guard in the NBA has speed, driving ability, and passing skills. NBA teams really look for that? Shocking. I wonder if they look for rebounding, low post scoring, and strength from their big men?

Yep...what he said.

Look I wish Semaj the best, but honestly he is making a horrible decision to not come back for one more year. Yes, he has speed and some great athletic ability, but so does everyone else in the NBA. Look, if Derrick Brown and Romain Sato couldn't stick in the NBA, what makes anyone think that Semaj can at this point? He is 6'3 which is average for an NBA point guard, he has average court vision, can't shoot, and he can't go left.

Again, I'm not trying to personally attack Semaj here and I don't know his family situation so maybe it is just that his family really needs the money. I get that....but if he had any choice at all to return for one more year and develop his game, he should have taken it. It is much easier to develop your game in college, than it is in the NBA....in the NBA, there is just not enough time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Let's get one thing straight....he's nothing like Rajon Rondo. Rajon Rondo is an ELITE NBA point guard...the kind of player that, at his best, can completely control an NBA game. He's a freak...arguable only Chris Paul being better at the position. He's also a pass first point guard with amazing passign skills....Semaj can pass, but doesn't even come close to the court vision of Rondo.

You people just make stuff up. Semaj will be extremely lucky to go in the first round, and may not get drafted at all. But yeah, keep up those Rondo comparisons. The only comparison is that neither can shoot.

Also...every guard in the NBA has speed, driving ability, and passing skills. NBA teams really look for that? Shocking. I wonder if they look for rebounding, low post scoring, and strength from their big men?
    Did you watch Rando at all while he was at UK? He was not the eltie player he is now, not even close. Semaj is a much better college player than Rondo was. Time will tell, but at this point in Semaj's career, comparing him to Rondo when he came out is a fair comparison.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

I think we can stick a fork in this thread.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook