Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got accepted

Hey,

I just had my application for admission to Xavier accepted. I just had a few questions and I figured I'd turn to my fellow sports fans first and foremost...

I'm planning my first trip to the campus... is there anything on campus or nearby that I need to see/visit?

Anything in general that I should know about XU?

Thanks.

Congrats and welcome to the Xavier Family!

You should definitely not visit Dana's until you're 21!
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Emu View Post
    Hey,

I just had my application for admission to Xavier accepted. I just had a few questions and I figured I'd turn to my fellow sports fans first and foremost...

I'm planning my first trip to the campus... is there anything on campus or nearby that I need to see/visit?

Thanks.
    Dayton sucks.

Congrats and welcome to the Xavier family. You should definitely visit Dana's before you are 21. (What? I bet he likes a good burger!) Actually, my straight arrow son found out the hard way that under age possession of beer is a problem, a fake ID is a HUGE problem. Do NOT make that mistake. Other than that, I remember my first year in Cincy being impressed with all the parks and the great opportunities to grill out with a view. Cheap and fun entertainment. Enjoy!

Sophomore
    I'd say now more than ever Cincinnati is really thriving.

I made them mistake of not exploring the city until I had graduated and decided to stay here. I would drive around downtown/other local areas when you visit. X is a great and growing campus but the city is pretty special as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Emu View Post
    Hey,

Thanks.
    Congrats! having come from out of state, I'd recommend taking the time to get to know Cincinnati. Go to a Reds game (the whole city LOVES baseball). Spend time getting to know campus (it's vastly different then when I graduated 14 years ago). Get involved in the university whether that's going to games (no matter the sport) or join a club. X is a special place (too me). Make it yours.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Hey, Emu,

Congrats!

Check out the Best Restaurants in Cincy thread at this link.

Some will be too fancy and expensive for your undergrad blood, but you'll find some good ones.

The good ones will typically lead you to some cool neighborhoods.

Have a ball . . . Bub.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Emu, congrats! Best advice I have is do everything you can. Time will fly by and be over before you know it. Don't pass on an opportunity at any time. You'll make some great friendships that will be with you the rest of your life. My group started 40 years ago this fall. We still get together twice a year, every year. Besides the education and the experience, choose that friends who will have your back for life. These may not be the best years of your life, but they will be the most carefree (but I can't speak yet about retirement). Enjoy!
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Dayton sucks.
    Learn it...know it...live it!!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Learn it...know it...live it!!
    Don't forget it either!