Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Rajon is not rare in NBA stats. Point guards with high shooting % are the minority in the NBA. Semaj may not be ready but it isn't his shooting. He will fit right in with the rest if the terrible shooting points in the NBA.
    Rajon Rando is about as rare a talent as they come.

I think he has like 5 brothers and sister right? However, they have struggled for this long, can't they make it another year? If he would come back I think he would be so worried about improving his draft status that it could hurt the team. Good luck to the kid.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Derrick Brown call, or no Derrick Brown call, Semaj ain't coming back. Bank.

I hope that it works out for him.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Derrick Brown, Please Call Semaj and give him some career advice.....

It cracks me up that so many people feel qualified to opine on his decision, as if they have even the slightest idea what it's like to walk in his shoes. The kid made a decision. It appears to be informed. Right or wrong, he and his family will live with the consequences. Can't we all just say thanks and good luck?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Rajon Rando is about as rare a talent as they come.
    Right but his stats are not. My point was you can look throughout the NBA and see it is littered with point guards who struggle shooting the basketball. Semaj not being a great shooter will have nothing to do with him being drafted or making a team.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    It cracks me up that so many people feel qualified to opine on his decision
    Yeah, what will we do if people on messageboards have opinions?!?

Derrick Brown, Please Call Semaj and give him some career advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Right but his stats are not. My point was you can look throughout the NBA and see it is littered with point guards who struggle shooting the basketball. Semaj not being a great shooter will have nothing to do with him being drafted or making a team.
    But that's my point. Those who can get away with it have unique talents that allow their teams to overlook their deficiencies. I like Semaj but I'm not sure he's in that class of player. Although to be honest I'm more concerned with the way he gets to the rim (very direct and usually from the right) because it's much harder to get into the lane in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    1. MCW is atrocious and like I said, if Semaj was a lottery pick, I'd be all for it.

2. Pretty good point on Rondo, but he is very rare. I wonder if him having the largest hands in the NBA makes it a bit easier for him. I could only imagine that it can't hurt.

Still, if you can't shoot in the NBA AND you're a middling second rounder...well, good luck.
    Really? MCW's PER is 14.43 which is pretty good as a rookie on a shitty team.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I think he has like 5 brothers and sister right? However, they have struggled for this long, can't they make it another year? If he would come back I think he would be so worried about improving his draft status that it could hurt the team. Good luck to the kid.
    Try 9 or 10.

Snipe, I'll counter your call from Derrick Brown with a call from Darnell Williams.

Folks, just move on and wish him luck.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."