Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    1. MCW is atrocious and like I said, if Semaj was a lottery pick, I'd be all for it.

2. Pretty good point on Rondo, but he is very rare. I wonder if him having the largest hands in the NBA makes it a bit easier for him. I could only imagine that it can't hurt.

Still, if you can't shoot in the NBA AND you're a middling second rounder...well, good luck.
    Rajon is not rare in NBA stats. Point guards with high shooting % are the minority in the NBA. Semaj may not be ready but it isn't his shooting. He will fit right in with the rest if the terrible shooting points in the NBA.

Catastrophe? Huh?
    Career ending injuries are generally considered catastrophic.

1. MCW is atrocious and like I said, if Semaj was a lottery pick, I'd be all for it.

2. Pretty good point on Rondo, but he is very rare. I wonder if him having the largest hands in the NBA makes it a bit easier for him. I could only imagine that it can't hurt.

Still, if you can't shoot in the NBA AND you're a middling second rounder...well, good luck.
    So why should he come back if he can't shoot? His "stock" would be highest now if what you are saying is true. Plus it's not like he is an atrocious shooter. His lack of left hand drives is more of a concern. His defensive potential is possibly his biggest asset at the next level for long term success.

Sophomore

2. Semaj doesn't have the skill set for the NBA. I don't understand why people continue to say he does. He just doesn't. In order to succeed in the NBA, you have to be able to shoot jumpers consistently. Westbrook and Rose are two examples of players that can't, but their size, athleticism and quickness is on another level so those comparisons don't quite fit. Why do you think Curry is a fantastic NBA player? Steve Blake has been in the NBA for a freaking decade! Why? Because they can shoot the ball. Period. The size and strength in the NBA paints prevents players like Semaj from getting in the paint and scoring consistently. We saw Semaj's totaly inability to do this against NC State. Teams began to figure him out towards the end of the season, and it showed.
    Do you even watch the NBA? Semaj won't be the focus of opposing defenses, he will be fine. So much of it is 1 on 1 and if you can get by people like he can and have good size and speed for your position, you will make a roster. He will also be passing to guys who can actually make open jumpers, not Dee Davis. No, he can't shoot like Curry, few can, but Curry wouldn't have a prayer of defending Semaj. Different players bring different skills to the table.

BTW, D league players only make between $13,000 and $25,000. All their teams have a salary cap. Not sure Semaj can provide for his family on that if he ends up there. I really hope it works out for him.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by nasdadjr View Post
    Your a moron

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    No, he can't shoot like Curry, few can, but Curry wouldn't have a prayer of defending Semaj. Different players bring different skills to the table.
    NC State players did a fine job at it, but you don't think Steph Curry could? I think you're severely undervaluing the skill and athleticism of Steph Curry. And another thing, Semaj will never come close to reaching the level of success Steph Curry has already achieved in the NBA.

Derrick Brown, Please Call Semaj and give him some career advice.....

Final warning. No personal attacks or name calling.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Derrick (and Semaj) made the right decision. If Derrick stayed, I totally think he would have been overshadowed by Crawford AND Holloway. Would Xavier have made the Final Four? Who knows? Xavier probably would have had a different seed and a different path to the Final Four had Brown stayed. But if your dream is to play in the NBA and to make tons of money while playing basketball, I think Brown did (and is doing) just fine.

Holloway probably should have left after his junior year. He might have been drafted if he did. Instead, he got a negative press from the media for the Shootout (which is B.S. by the way) and the rest is history.

Congrats Semaj! Thank you and good luck!

Snipe - I know you are down about Semaj leaving, but you still have the dayton game today and uc spring football to look forward to.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    NC State players did a fine job at it, but you don't think Steph Curry could? I think you're severely undervaluing the skill and athleticism of Steph Curry. And another thing, Semaj will never come close to reaching the level of success Steph Curry has already achieved in the NBA.
    For the record, I didn't start the ridiculous Curry comparison. Also, NC State was able to stop him because their game plan was to do so. No one in the NBA is focusing on just stopping a bench player and there's a lot of 1 on 1. Do you think Curry could stop semaj from getting to the rim?