Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Semaj to the NBA

@GoodmanESPN: Xavier sophomore guard Semaj Christon told ESPN he is heading to the NBA. Story coming.

That takes care of the missing scholly for next year.

Supporting Member
    Hopefully just testing the waters. I just don't believe he is a lock for a first round pick.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

I get that money is enticing, but I think it would really benefit him to stay. Both skill-wise and financially. He'll make more money over the long run staying another year

Good luck to him but, in my analysis, I do not think that he is anywhere near ready.

If Vander Blue from Marquette is stuck in the D League, I can't see Semaj being a 1st Round pick. Sorry, just can't.

"Xavier PG Semaj Christon projected at No. 43 in the Draft per @DraftExpress. Going pro per @GoodmanESPN"
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-28-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

ugh :(
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    I get that money is enticing, but I think it would really benefit him to stay. Both skill-wise and financially. He'll make more money over the long run staying another year
    That's not true at all. You're operating under the assumption that everyone improves with another year in college. Why can't he improve as he sits the bench/is a backup in the NBA? Was Lance Stephenson "ready" when he came out? Now he starts for a title contender. Plus, trying turning down a couple hundred thousand to millions a year.

It's really not a surprise. Right now I don't think he is a 1st rounder but hope he can turn some heads when he works out for teams. Either way, best of luck to him and I enjoyed watching him during his 2 years at X.

Is he allowed to see what the scouts say and go through any type of workout and then withdraw?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Hopefully just testing the waters. I just don't believe he is a lock for a first round pick.
    I don't think there is an ability to really test the waters anymore.