Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
    Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Hope Chris Mack isn't afraid to play his youngsters next year. They grow up pretty fast if you give them a chance.
    Not saying our guys are on UK's level but giving them experience is huge if you want to have a chance in March.
    I agree, but the tricky part is you need to be sure you get into the dance! We were obviously borderline (at best) this year. I hope the young guys can come in and compete and learn while getting us off the bubble. I want a solid seed and these guys seem to have the kind of talent to help. Let's hope they can play some D or they won't see much time.

Florida wet the bed. My 11 year old just won $300 bucks and the basketball pool. Second time he was won it, he rode Butler to a pool Championship on their first big run. He watches more hoops than I do.

Kentucky has had the most incredible run in the tournament. Everyone of these games is crazy, and they are pulling out every one. I can see them beating UConn the exact same way.

I like the homer announcers. Would we have Byron and Joe calling the Final Four. I would eat that up. Are you kidding me? When they gave the Wisky kid 3 free throws those guys just about blew a gasket.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I hate Kentucky, but I can't help but be amazed at what they've done. I mean that in the literal sense. I'm more amazed than impressed.

They were given a #8 seed. I thought they should have been a #7, but it's a lot easier to make a case for a #8 than a #6.....at least in terms of merit.

Their best win of the year was probably either Louisville (home) or Missouri (road). Louisville was an okay road team at best, at least at that time. Missouri was really good at home, but missed the tournament.

They lost to Arkansas twice, LSU and South Carolina.

That's a solid tournament resume. A solid #8 seed.

Okay, so, that's about how good they looked. Even in the SEC Tournament they didn't exactly bury Georgia. Here are their six most recent games.

Florida - overall #1 ranking and seed. Lost by a point in the SEC championship.

Kansas State - Okay, no big deal.

Wichita State - #1 seed. #2 ranking. Unbeaten.

Louisville - #5 ranking. Destroyed AAC's universe in the conference tournament, including UConn who is in the title game.

Michigan - Big Ten regular season title winner and tournament runner up. Almost a #1 seed, probably the top #2 seed.

Wisconsin - Final Four team.

That is one very fucking difficult run to the title game. Perhaps the most challenging ever. They played one top forty team, and four top 6 teams (depending on which ranking you're looking at).

That's amazing. It's impressive, but it's more amazing than impressive. It's not FGCU amazing from last year. I'm not sure anything every will be, but it is VERY amazing.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I hate Kentucky, but I can't help but be amazed at what they've done. I mean that in the literal sense. I'm more amazed than impressed.

They were given a #8 seed. I thought they should have been a #7, but it's a lot easier to make a case for a #8 than a #6.....at least in terms of merit.

Their best win of the year was probably either Louisville (home) or Missouri (road). Louisville was an okay road team at best, at least at that time. Missouri was really good at home, but missed the tournament.

They lost to Arkansas twice, LSU and South Carolina.

That's a solid tournament resume. A solid #8 seed.

Okay, so, that's about how good they looked. Even in the SEC Tournament they didn't exactly bury Georgia. Here are their six most recent games.

Florida - overall #1 ranking and seed. Lost by a point in the SEC championship.

Kansas State - Okay, no big deal.

Wichita State - #1 seed. #2 ranking. Unbeaten.

Louisville - #5 ranking. Destroyed AAC's universe in the conference tournament, including UConn who is in the title game.

Michigan - Big Ten regular season title winner and tournament runner up. Almost a #1 seed, probably the top #2 seed.

Wisconsin - Final Four team.

That is one very fucking difficult run to the title game. Perhaps the most challenging ever. They played one top forty team, and four top 6 teams (depending on which ranking you're looking at).

That's amazing. It's impressive, but it's more amazing than impressive. It's not FGCU amazing from last year. I'm not sure anything every will be, but it is VERY amazing.
    I prefer "sickening" to "amazing," but I see your point!

Where the hell is that meteor
    Balls of Steele!!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    UCONN's 4th championship in the last 15 years. Pretty amazing. Two different head coaches too. Kevin Ollie 6-0 in the tournament.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17