Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    If Christon stays then X is 2 over in schollies, correct?
    Yep but that won't be a problem.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yep but that won't be a problem.

xavierj, do you know something about how this will play out should Semaj and JMart want to stay?

Re: Christon's Projected Draft Slot

Quote Originally Posted by Thor in 204 View Post
    xavierj, do you know something about how this will play out should Semaj and JMart want to stay?
    I don't know whether J does. I just know these situations always work themselves out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I trust he will be back. I understand the money factor, but $300K now (he won't be a first rounder) against Millions next year is not even a gamble woth thinking about. I think he has worlds of talent, and I think he is oh so much better this year than last. He's developing a good three point shot, but it needs to get much better. When he has that as an absolute fact, and that fast first step, then he'll be that first rounder.

I truly wish Martin would come back. Many, many posters get down on him, but "trust me" .. he's a gamer, and his experience could take us over the hill.

And that guy Jalen ... folks, you have been watching the future of Xavier basketball.

I hate when people refer to any athlete like him as a "animal." He's not. He is a basketball monster on the boards, and he is a physical termnator to opponents assigned to guard him and block him out. Last night, I loved when he reached in between two Blue Jays to grab a missed free throw, and then let them know it was his ball ... physically let them know.

Before I quit, for now, I chuckled about posters complaining about the media "fawning" over McDermott. He is the absolute best basketball player in America and the "fawning" is well earned. Take it from someone who has seen the media "fawn" over players ... Oscar, Bird, Wilt, Walton, Lew, for decades.

Adios ... for now
    I dont think anyone wants or thinks Martin is going to leave. Prior to the season, maybe, but as of now I think everyone including JMart himself expects he'll be back for his senior season

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I do, but I am not at liberty to say. But again, trust me...it will all be fine and X will be a force next season.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Do we really need to be worrying about JMart wanting to stay? I figured he would definitely want to... Especially after the season he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I truly wish Martin would come back. Many, many posters get down on him, but "trust me" .. he's a gamer, and his experience could take us over the hill.
    Justin Martin is currently the favorite of a plurality of Xavier fans. No one needs to 'trust you' about his game. We all have been watching it for months. Way to have your finger on the pulse of Xavier fandom.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

DraftExpress is doing a Q+A on Twitter. Makes a very valid point.

Rrlewis2: Should Semaj Christon stay another year? Lottery potential in '15?
    DraftExpress: Don't see it. Age will hold him back. Tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    DraftExpress is doing a Q+A on Twitter. Makes a very valid point.

Rrlewis2: Should Semaj Christon stay another year? Lottery potential in '15?
    DraftExpress: Don't see it. Age will hold him back. Tough call.
    Jonathan Giovoni (Draft Express) thinks he knows way more than he does. Semaj is only 20 or 21 right now. Never had a health problem in his career, which is more important to teams than age. 1 more year won't hold him back from anything. Does anyone think 1 more year will hold Dougie McD back? Didn't think so.

This is what I know. Justin and coach never had a problem or a thought that Justin would leave, that was just some fans. I have no idea if Semaj will come back but if he does they will have no problem. There are three candidates to leave and Justin is not one of them. I think the three should be easy to identify.