Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Here is a thought....

Christi Mack is inducted into the Dayton HOF at Senior Night this Saturday at the dayton vs Richmond. The last time she attended a game there, the crowd heckled her so badly she left in tears. This is one of the best female basketball players the school has ever had, and they gave her so much crap she couldn't take it.

Fast forward 12+ months, and her husband, long hated for his antics against dayton while playing for Evansville, will reportedly be in attendance with her on Saturday.

After the comments Coach Mack made last night, I hope they simply boo her and the family, and the mouthbreathers save their cuss word filled rants for the Richmond fans.

Should be interesting for sure....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

YTG?

Looking for clarification here. :)

Quote Originally Posted by El Shaqtus View Post
    YTG?

Looking for clarification here. :)
    Mick Cronin. Yellow toothed gnome

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Nice try, but no. Same context same purpose. What you suggest is just color, mostly inferred through blue shaded glasses.
    No, it's not the same context, unless Georgetown moves its campus to Cincinnati and becomes an out of conference rival.

Of all the leagues Cronin picked, why do you think he chose the A-10 as a comparison?

And why do you think Mack picked the A-10 as comparison?

But Mack could have handled this better.
    Last edited by XU 87; 03-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Mick Cronin. Yellow toothed gnome
    Thank you sir.

I can't see the Big East not getting three teams simply because the conference tournament will force the issue. Teams that lack decent wins away from home will be matched up against each other away from home, and SOMEBODY has got to win. I think if Georgetown can win either their last game, or win their quarterfinal game, they're in pretty solid shape, at least when compared to the rest of the league, even though they're a little lower in the standings. We REALLY need to win at least one conference tournament game. If we don't, I think that's it.

I do see a scenario where the league doesn't get any more than three, though, especially if Xavier doesn't get past the quarterfinals. If that does happen, and a league like the Atlantic Ten ends up with six (which, I think they will. At the very least I don't think it will be fewer than five), it will be interesting to see what the fallout is.

It isn't that the Atlantic Ten is better. It's that there are a lot more teams within the Atlantic Ten that did exactly what the committee says teams are supposed to do. Will there be a collective recognition of that among the Big East teams, or will they revert back to acting like Seth Greenberg, whining endlessly about it, and not changing a thing??

I honestly believe that if you're better than a team, but that team gets an at-large and you don't because the other team did what they were supposed to do (IE, play and win away from home), it's your fault.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

First of all I have a problem with what Mack said. No way Georgetown finishes 2nd in the A10.... We'd totally finish first

I have no problem with what Mack said. The BE is a much better league than the A10 and always has been. Butler would probably be tied with Dayton for 6th if they had staid in the A10. I don't know the Cronin comments, but they were probably true then too. Sorry.

As for the scheduling he does have a legitimate gripe.

Since the conference got its act together so late the schedule was decided entirely by FS1. They made up the schedule and the schools had no say in it what so ever. That is not normal. Despite being a round robin the schedule was not balanced. Matchups are normally determined by TV desires to a certain extent, but normally the ADs and coaches get input into the schedule. That did not happen this year. The schedule will be better next year. Mack certainly is in the right to complain about this years BE schedule. Maybe he did not phrase it well, but there are legitimate problems with this year's BE schedule.

Historically, Georgetown is an excellent program. Saying they'd finish high anywhere is not a huge deal.

Good luck in the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyahooligan View Post
    First of all I have a problem with what Mack said. No way Georgetown finishes 2nd in the A10.... We'd totally finish first

I have no problem with what Mack said. The BE is a much better league than the A10 and always has been. Butler would probably be tied with Dayton for 6th if they had staid in the A10. I don't know the Cronin comments, but they were probably true then too. Sorry.

As for the scheduling he does have a legitimate gripe.

Since the conference got its act together so late the schedule was decided entirely by FS1. They made up the schedule and the schools had no say in it what so ever. That is not normal. Despite being a round robin the schedule was not balanced. Matchups are normally determined by TV desires to a certain extent, but normally the ADs and coaches get input into the schedule. That did not happen this year. The schedule will be better next year. Mack certainly is in the right to complain about this years BE schedule. Maybe he did not phrase it well, but there are legitimate problems with this year's BE schedule.
    After watching their flagship program lose three in a row I totally agree Georgetown would finish first. I don't really have a problem with what Mack said at all. There is more NBA talent and coaching top to bottom in the BE compared to the A-10 and that's not even close. Even last place teams in the BE have talent.

Mack on the Big East vs. A10

I don't disagree with his opinions on the two conferences, it just shouldn't have been said.