Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Welcome March Madness

The Patriot League Tournament tips off Monday night.

Happy March Madness!!!!

We had three Ivy League teams knocked out over the weekend, along with an Atlantic Sun team, so the survive and advance portion of the season is now officially underway!!!!

http://hoopshd.com/2014/03/03/confer...onday-march-3/
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Is ESPN carrying the Patriot League Tourney?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Not until the later rounds. It's being streamed on the PL website.

You need to get out more often.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You need to get out more often.
    That's what the spring and summer are for.

I don't exactly live in the world's most happening place.
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-03-2014 at 10:18 AM.

I see FGCU starts their efforts at a second run tonight agains the Hatters. Dunk City was pretty bad early on, but they've been playing pretty well of late (ignore that 20 point loss to Lipscomb last week). I know 'brew's more of a Mercer man, and those two seem destined for what should be one of the better low major title clashes.

Our old friends in the Horizon also get going tomorrow night. Still a pretty decent mid-major league, and UW-GB is getting back to its Dick Bennett days. With a 52 RPI (per ESPN) and only one significant OOC win (UVA, which is pretty damned significant), I think UW-GB is hosed if they don't get it done on their home court this week (and into next; championship is not until next Tuesday).

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Is ESPN carrying the Patriot League Tourney?
    CBS Sports Network has had their championship game for a couple of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I see FGCU starts their efforts at a second run tonight agains the Hatters. Dunk City was pretty bad early on, but they've been playing pretty well of late (ignore that 20 point loss to Lipscomb last week). I know 'brew's more of a Mercer man, and those two seem destined for what should be one of the better low major title clashes.

Our old friends in the Horizon also get going tomorrow night. Still a pretty decent mid-major league, and UW-GB is getting back to its Dick Bennett days. With a 52 RPI (per ESPN) and only one significant OOC win (UVA, which is pretty damned significant), I think UW-GB is hosed if they don't get it done on their home court this week (and into next; championship is not until next Tuesday).
    There has not been a point in either this season or last season where I felt FGCU was better than Mercer. I was genuinely surprised when they won the ASun championship game at Mercer last year, and I still think what they did after that was the biggest surprise in the history of the tournament. I still think Mercer is better, but because they crapped the bed down the stretch, they ended up tying, and losing some sort of bizarre tiebreaker, so FGCU now has home court advantage. And, they'll probably win the tournament.

I agree about Green Bay. Had things gone differently in that game back in November against Wisconsin, I don't think they'd have to win the Horizon League Tournament. I don't think it'd be close, actually. They led the entire game, and ended up losing by 2pts. Still, as an out right first place finisher they have a huge procedural advantage, because they essentially they start off in the tournament and have to be voted out, as opposed to non-first place finishers that start out needing to be voted in, but I still don't think they get in without the automatic bid. Having said that, if they do get in, they're a tough team to beat in the round of 64. The rest of the league pretty much sucks.
    Last edited by xubrew; 03-04-2014 at 08:52 AM.

If you're not watching the opening round of the Big South conference tournament at work right now, you're not a true college hoops fan.