Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Nate Johnson's injury

Why didn't Travis give any meaningful update on Johnson's injury? Other than a vague remark about how it's something he dealt with last year...does anyone know more? After seeing how this team played in one game without him, I'm hoping he's back for Creighton, and this isn't like losing Scruggs during that critical closing stretch last year.

This is probably the most important issue facing us in the short-term, although we have a lot to figure out to beat anyone decent in the BE or NCAA tournaments.

Unfortunately this definitely has the feeling of Nate being day-to-day and not suiting up the rest of the way. Very bizarre situation seemingly out of nowhere.

Steele in his press conference said "it's obviously his knee"...I have never heard of anyone who was treated for a knee injury by wearing a walking boot.

If it is his knee, it is pretty far from obvious.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Steele in his press conference said "it's obviously his knee"...I have never heard of anyone who was treated for a knee injury by wearing a walking boot.

If it is his knee, it is pretty far from obvious.
    What Steele being sarcastic or does he not know what injury Johnson has?

Please take this with a grain of salt but my buddies 8 year old kid said he saw that Johnson wanted to enter the transfer portal. Is that old news from last year? Or is this a legit possibility? Since this year doesn’t count I assume he can?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Please take this with a grain of salt but my buddies 8 year old kid said he saw that Johnson wanted to enter the transfer portal. Is that old news from last year? Or is this a legit possibility? Since this year doesn’t count I assume he can?
    Is this like a Ferris Bueller's day off thing, or serious?
    Eat Donuts!

With all due respect...he is an 8 year old bro, he probably still believes in Santa Claus...might even still piss the bed at night.

Nate is a grad transfer. This is his 4th year in college. He may have read such a story, but in all likelihood it was from last season. I would not put much stock in the words of your buddy's 8 year old.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 02-25-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Considering no one expected him back next year I would say highly unlikely as it appears he wants to move on and make some money somewhere rather than complete a 6th year of college but crazier things have happened I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    With all due respect...he is an 8 year old bro, he probably still believes in Santa Claus...might even still piss the bed at night.

Nate is a grad transfer. This is his 4th year in college. He may have read such a story, but in all likelihood it was from last season. I would not put much stock in the words of your buddy's 8 year old.
    Laughed at that. Good one.
    X A V I E R

It was Xavier Johnson who was in the transfer portal, so he isn’t totally wrong .
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield