Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Does anyone know how our conference "own's" the old Big East records? For instance, I think Tre is currently the 11th all-time Big East leading scorer. I assume that was part of the agreement in the BE / AAAAAAAC formation.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Does anyone know how our conference "own's" the old Big East records? For instance, I think Tre is currently the 11th all-time Big East leading scorer. I assume that was part of the agreement in the BE / AAAAAAAC formation.
    Essentially the 7 basketball schools got the name and records, and the other schools got all the money.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1970647
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Essentially the 7 basketball schools got the name and records, and the other schools got all the money.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1970647
    Read the article ... no mention of Big East stats transferring. I'd certainly guess you are correct, but I never found an official word on the point of whether the stats "transferred."

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    The 2017-18 Record Book on the Big East website (https://issuu.com/pflenke/docs/2017-18_mbb_record_book) does seem to include the "old" Big East, although they are cagey how they list some things. For example, there is no listing of the most points in a game by a player in Big East history. There is, however, a list of the most points scored in a game by a player at each of the 10 current Big East members.

For example, for Villanova they list Kerry Kittles with 44 points against Boston College in 1995. There is no listing for Boston College, or any other former member. UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville are included in the section about Big East teams that have been ranked No. 1.

They don't list any career records, that I can tell.

Title makes it sound like an obituary. Certainly different but far from dead.

Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    Title makes it sound like an obituary. Certainly different but far from dead.
    That was the point for ESPN.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Requiem? Hahahahahahaha!!!

The Big East in the 2018 Tournament had the highest average attendance since it went to 10 teams.

Average attendance for all sessions: 18,789 with true sellouts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. There was no magic in those numbers. We were there. It was real. In fact, the Championship Game might have been the most fun I’ve ever had at a non-Xavier game. Packed Garden, electric atmosphere, great game and Ed Cooley’s split pants. All the New York Papers gave a review of the 3 conference tournaments that were in the Big Apple this year. Opinion? 1) That the Big 10 was a "dud". 2) The ACC was "Sterile". 3) The Big East? "Killed It". Nope. No requiem.

65C70BB0-3083-46C5-B0AB-85CC8CAA4DBD.jpg1DA1D009-88A5-441F-8AD2-DCF78BA00E92.jpg
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell