David Freakin West and Friends

Great to see one of our best players take time from his busy NBA life to treat a couple of his teammates to a night out to watch some Xavier basketball. It is great to hear he spoke to the team (again I think) and that he still takes an active role in our program. DFW is a great ambassador for Xavier, and is truly a Great American.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Mack joked in the post game that he wished he could have put West and Paul George in for the second half.

FYI Ry Hibbert took a similar sized contingency to Hinkle for the Butler/Georgetown match up.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

DW is a great ambassador.

Can you imagine him in the locker room before the game?

Guy making millions and a key player on the best team in the NBA.

Emphasizing committment to defense !!!!!

Without that commitment to a certain kind of defense, how would West get all those weakside rebounds over the years?

Nice article on the Pacers with Dwest quoted extensively.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-west/5219547/

Sophomore
    There was a great quote on the Butler Board saying how they've now had 5 Pacer players come in and actively root against Bulldogs.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    There was a great quote on the Butler Board saying how they've now had 5 Pacer players come in and actively root against Bulldogs.
    LOL I love reading butler fan tweets during and after the game, and it was hysterical how many of them tweeted DFW Paul George and George Hill like "pacers coming to root for Butler win over Xavier #GoDawgs". I counted at least 30 people who tweeted them acting like all of them, even West, were coming to support Butler. I was just thinkin, uh no sorry, they're here to watch Xavier. Same back when GTown was there. My friend went to the game as he knows a GTown grad assistant and said all the butler students were thanking Hibbert and the others for the support and one of them was like, we're pulling for GTown.

Butler Quotes:
    "David West is a baller - but only 363 days a year. The other two days he's a piece of shit with an X on his shoulder."
    "Well after tonight there will have been 5 Pacers attend games to root against Butler. Love the Pacer support!"
    Last edited by TUclutch; 02-12-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Without that commitment to a certain kind of defense, how would West get all those weakside rebounds over the years?
    This is classic.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    LOL I love reading butler fan tweets during and after the game, and it was hysterical how many of them tweeted DFW Paul George and George Hill like "pacers coming to root for Butler win over Xavier #GoDawgs". I counted at least 30 people who tweeted them acting like all of them, even West, were coming to support Butler. I was just thinkin, uh no sorry, they're here to watch Xavier. Same back when GTown was there. My friend went to the game as he knows a GTown grad assistant and said all the butler students were thanking Hibbert and the others for the support and one of them was like, we're pulling for GTown.

Butler Quotes:
    "David West is a baller - but only 363 days a year. The other two days he's a piece of shit with an X on his shoulder."
    "Well after tonight there will have been 5 Pacers attend games to root against Butler. Love the Pacer support!"
    If they were there to support butler why do they only show up when X is in town?