Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    What? ESPN issued an apology for how it's own ESPN Reporter Josina Anderson asked questions and reported a story. Did you even read or hear about this? It was a sensationalistic story designed to draw attention. I even heard about this in Montreal last week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rew-criticism/

Not only that, ESPN continues to preface every single report about Sam with "first openly gay player" as their update on ESPN radio stated yesterday morning when Sam was signed by the Cowboys. Fact is, Sam should be, and is being treated by NFL teams as every other player is...based on his performance,.....no matter how the media wants it to be about something else.

How many more times do I have to keep saying this?
    You need to come up with some evidence to support your claim that ESPN has been advancing his theory that Sam was cut because he was gay. You described it as "all through this", yet have been unable to produce a single ESPN story or reference to support your argument. You can keep saying it as many times as you want, but the lack of a single blog post or story supporting your argument weakens it a little bit. Go to espn.com and search on Michael Sam. You get 1583 results. Find me one of those that indicates that Michael Sam was cut because he was gay, and I'll let it go. 1 out of 1583. It really shouldn't be a problem for you since it's been a non-stop narrative.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    You need to come up with some evidence to support your claim that ESPN has been advancing his theory that Sam was cut because he was gay. You described it as "all through this", yet have been unable to produce a single ESPN story or reference to support your argument. You can keep saying it as many times as you want, but the lack of a single blog post or story supporting your argument weakens it a little bit. Go to espn.com and search on Michael Sam. You get 1583 results. Find me one of those that indicates that Michael Sam was cut because he was gay, and I'll let it go. 1 out of 1583. It really shouldn't be a problem for you since it's been a non-stop narrative.
    Sam's orientation has been a non-stop narrative on ESPN- especially all their talking head shows. Why do they keep pointing out his orientation in every preface to his story?

I purposely did not comment on this thread until 38 pages in, because Sam's performance would speak as to whether he made a team. He was cut, then media questioning with some attempts at "victimization" began in some quarters. Evidence of that was the ESPN story that I cited that you continually dismiss, where they were digging for something sinister other than whether he could perform. You asked for an example, I gave it. I'm sick of the continual attempts to make people "victims" of some alleged discrimination when all it is really about is whether they can cut it or not.

We are obviously speaking in different languages here. I must depart from this after I say, one......more.....time. The story should be about Sam's performance......nothing else.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I've seen ESPN mention he was gay. I've seen ESPN report that he was cut.

I have not seen them make the direct assertion that his getting cut was because he was gay.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Sam's orientation has been a non-stop narrative on ESPN- especially all their talking head shows. Why do they keep pointing out his orientation in every preface to his story?
    Because it sells commercials.

For or some reason it seems like every person, sports fan or not, has an opinion on Michael Sam and Johnny football.
    For example, if you asked my mother to name 3 NFL players she would most likely say: 1. Sam Bradford, 2. Johnny Manziel 3. Michael Sam (maybe Peyton manning would be on the list somewhere).

In the end if it moves the needle espn will beat it to death until they have squeezed every last dollar out of it (see Tebow, Farve).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Sam's orientation has been a non-stop narrative on ESPN- .
    You keep saying this without any evidence, when there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary. It is you who is making a story where there is none, not ESPN.

The Bengals signing of Devon Still to the practice squad has been a pretty big story around here and on ESPN ( http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-b...ky-kept-around )because his daughter has cancer. There is almost no reference whatsoever to Still's playing ability. Why aren't you up in arms about this narrative?
    Last edited by Kahns Krazy; 09-04-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I love you MOR, and reading your responses to this, and your use of the word ancillary has been pretty funny.

Thanks my friend for the entertainment. Hopefully now that's he's now on the Cowboys there won't be double the amount of coverage.

2 stories of his guy would be too much!
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I love you MOR, and reading your responses to this, and your use of the word ancillary has been pretty funny.

Thanks my friend for the entertainment. Hopefully now that's he's now on the Cowboys there won't be double the amount of coverage.

2 stories of his guy would be too much!
    Agree buddy. Now, about our Tribe......
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Now, about our Tribe......
    We're gay. Did we lose?

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    We're gay. Did we lose?
    And we lost. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    You keep saying this without any evidence, when there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary. It is you who is making a story where there is none, not ESPN.

The Bengals signing of Devon Still to the practice squad has been a pretty big story around here and on ESPN ( http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-b...ky-kept-around )because his daughter has cancer. There is almost no reference whatsoever to Still's playing ability. Why aren't you up in arms about this narrative?
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ys-long-way-go

"The Cowboys signed Sam, the first openly gay NFL player, on Wednesday,"

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...dallas-cowboys

"It was a little longer than I expected," said Sam, who is trying to become the first openly gay player to participate in an NFL regular-season game.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...l-sam-physical

Sam, who is seeking to become the first openly gay athlete to play in the NFL, was cut by the St. Louis Rams on Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-st-louis-rams

he St. Louis Rams have released defensive end Michael Sam, the first openly gay player selected in the NFL draft.

Those were from the first 4 (most recent I assume) articles I just pulled off of ESPN. If these most recent articles are mentioning his sexual orientation, you can bet nearly every article before these most certainly did. I can assure you, that line is mentioned in 90% of the articles about Michael Sam.