Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farr?

Sophomore

Farr?

I know Reynolds played well but was still surprised to see so little of Farr. Anyone have any insights? Match ups? Dog house? I liked Myles scoring in a few different ways today and liked what Jalen gave us, but I think we need Farr at the top of his game for our bench to give us the punch we need.

Mack has a pretty short leash on Farr. If he makes a bad play he gets yanked pretty quickly. He took a bad 3 pointer and that was it for him today. It certainly didn't help Farr's minutes that Jalen returned and played decent D and attacked the glass. I still was a little surprised that Farr didn't come in during the last 6 - 8 minutes of the game where X's offense struggled. But, Mack is definitely emphasizing defense right now and Farr doesn't get it done on that end.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Mack has a pretty short leash on Farr. If he makes a bad play he gets yanked pretty quickly. He took a bad 3 pointer and that was it for him today. It certainly didn't help Farr's minutes that Jalen returned and played decent D and attacked the glass. I still was a little surprised that Farr didn't come in during the last 6 - 8 minutes of the game where X's offense struggled. But, Mack is definitely emphasizing defense right now and Farr doesn't get it done on that end.
    Most of our big men don't get it done defensively. If that's the issue, I invite Mack to get his head out of his ass.

Sophomore
    X is outrebounded by providence by 7; it might have helped to have Farr to help off the glass. I like his enthusiasm but he didn't appear to even take off his warm up jacket in the second half. Was he ill? Post-game radio comments included nothing about Farr. Offensively, X struggled but maybe Mack didn't think it was worth a trade-off for Farr's offense. I don't get paid to coach; I just watch. FWIW.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesbt4 View Post
    Most of our big men don't get it done defensively. If that's the issue, I invite Mack to get his head out of his ass.
    They may not be great, but we have 4 bigs who are better than Farr is on defense. Even if it's just by a little.

I think we can pretty much dismiss Farr and the 3 pt shot. He was simply sorching hot early in the year. He's not going to be a guy we look to make big shots from deep in key situations.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I think we can pretty much dismiss Farr and the 3 pt shot. He was simply sorching hot early in the year. He's not going to be a guy we look to make big shots from deep in key situations.
    I'm not ready to dismiss his 3 pt shot. He's proven that he can be a very good 3 pt shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I'm not ready to dismiss his 3 pt shot. He's proven that he can be a very good 3 pt shooter.
    I agree. I was in and out today and apparently missed a bad attempt, but he's been pretty reliable to date. Not pretty, but better results than most. Someone else mentioned Philmore and Stain shooting outside of 12 feet. I'd rather have Farr take a 3 than those guys shooting from the elbow. If they went down I'd change my tune, but that doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Dismiss his shot? C'mon. He missed one shot yesterday. He made one vs Nova. He's hitting 46% from 3 for the year. Myles (who will get better) is only hitting 38%.

This was all about matchups yesterday. Reynolds just matched up better in bully boy defensive basketball.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-09-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

A stretch 4 should really be Semaj's best friend and I'm sure Mack agrees. Defense is the only thing holding him back, and he has potential to be a very good defender. Mack gets most upset when Jimmy does not get back to the key after he hedges on the ball screen. Farr's time will come, I love watching him play.