Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farr?

Dismiss might have been too strong. I just think that he's going to be more of what we've seen that last 8-9 games versus how he started the year. One thing is for sure. The way we started shooting the ball from 3 this year is significantly different from where we are now.

Farr?

If I remember correctly, a lot of these same concerns were expressed about Josh Duncan early on. He turned out alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Watching on TV they mentioned that Mack has basically said Farr isn't getting it done defensively so, until he does, his minutes are going to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    If I remember correctly, a lot of these same concerns were expressed about Josh Duncan early on. He turned out alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It actually took Josh about 3 1/2 years to see the light. He was actually benched for a few games about 1/3 of the way through his senior year and then played a great last half. With the recruits that are coming in I don't think players will be given that much rope in the future. Xavier won last night because they played the players that could give them the most defensive effort as a 5 man group and you are only as good as your weakest link.

Farr has tendency to foul right after checking in and he did that yesterday and got the quick hook. Reynolds had 5 rebounds in 11 minutes.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I think we can pretty much dismiss Farr and the 3 pt shot. He was simply sorching hot early in the year. He's not going to be a guy we look to make big shots from deep in key situations.
    Why?

His eFG% is 64%. Of his 110 shots this year, 38% of them are for three. He makes 45% of his threes.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Why?

His eFG% is 64%. Of his 110 shots this year, 38% of them are for three. He makes 45% of his threes.
    See my post above. Farr is shooting 35% from 3 in Big East play. He's been missing badly and his shot seems off. All I'm suggesting is that what we saw early in the year was not what we can or should expect from him moving forward.

This off-season Farr really needs to work on his lateral quickness and flexibility or he won't see a lot of playing time the next two years.