Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I thought bringing in big names to the TAS would get the crowd into it. The fans react the same way they did for La Salle. I guess we only get excited for ranked teams. Let's see how we do when Creighton and Villanova come in. If we don't get pumped up for those teams then our fan base is just lame.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

In what role is Brad there? I know (think?) he was a journalism major. Is he with some media outlet or does he have a position of some kind with X?

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    In what role is Brad there? I know (think?) he was a journalism major. Is he with some media outlet or does he have a position of some kind with X?
    Works for X, I think the title is Game Day Host or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    What is Redford's FG % on those half court shots this year?
    I believe he's 2-4, although I've missed two home games.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I thought bringing in big names to the TAS would get the crowd into it. The fans react the same way they did for La Salle. I guess we only get excited for ranked teams. Let's see how we do when Creighton and Villanova come in. If we don't get pumped up for those teams then our fan base is just lame.
    Most of the time if not for the students, there would be no true home court advantage. The majority of fans need to be much louder way more often. Even if X is down 15 they need to be loud which could help with the atmosphere rather than waiting see if XU comes back and then getting loud for the one bucket that takes the lead. Being in seats before tipoff would also be encouraged in my opinion.

Junior
    It might just be me, but I think the students were better last year. A lot better. They have had some good games this year but last year was great. I guess I expected more with the Big East, or just stay the same at least. I didn't expect them to be below last years student section.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I thought bringing in big names to the TAS
    What does Providence have to do with big name opponents?

Well we haven't been here for a lot of the big home games and vona and creighton come here when we are on spring break so it'll be interesting to see the turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Did you notice that @sshole ref's expression at the 0:48 mark? Isn't that the idiot that blew the out-of-bounds call and the blocking call on Stain?

Hell, for that matter, he probably was the one that screwed up allotting the foul call on Batts. He looks like a real piece of work.
    Agreed that the out of bunds call was terrible, the block on Stain, last year it was a charge no doubter, this year you have to give the ref that call he moved in just after the shooter started his upward motion and Stain could have been still shifting to his right as contact was made.

Anyway, I thought the out of bounds with the phantom touch by a Xavier player who was not even close was the worst call, was that the same guy??

Relax. Consider it a makeup call for the layup at Providence Semaj tossed over the backboard but the officials ruled Providence blocked out of bounds and awarded the ball back to Xavier. Also a pretty bad call.