Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Dayton loses to WAAAY more non-tournament teams on the road than they beat. That's a problem.
    That's because they suck donkeys. Bunch of whining dicks!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I tried to be unbiased here and I have to say that was one of the best officiating games I have seen. At times they may have been inconsistent but Not that much. Richmond was clearly the better team and if anything Dayton should have been called for more fouls than they did. I am sure when your team sucks year after year that blaming the refs is the only option you have left to explain your teams lack of goodness. Also get some new uniforms Dayton! Looks like you have garbage bags with wholes cut out for the arms.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I looked on the UD board to see what the cryers were saying and was surprised to see that one of them claimed that they had looked at other boards (including ours) after the game, and that even X fans were saying that the cryers were "hosed" yesterday. I must have missed all those posts by X fans. Frankly, I watched quite a bit of that game and like seemingly all the X fans posting here, share the view that the cryers were "hosed" only in their own biased minds. I supposed they have gotten spoiled by the ref's giving them countless breaks on their own floor, and have started to believe that "unbiased" officiating must resemble the travesty that regularly occurs at the uddump.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    That's because they suck donkeys. Bunch of whining dicks!
    What Nuts said and triple it with a twist of lemon, no sugar. I saw the entire game, and if anyone got hosed it was Richmond. The Spiders were clearly the better team and Dayton had better do one of two things: 1)Apply for membership in the Horizon League or 2)Try the Ohio Valley League or Conference or whatever because their talent level has been eclipsed so badly it will take them years to catch up. I'm serious. Who wants to go there????

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    UD has a classless Fanbase, who are extremely jealous of Xavier. They do not know how to execute through a full conference season, so they end-up making excuses; it's everybody else in the world going against them in their efforts.

These are people who want to believe that budget adjustments equate to financial difficulties. The poor bastards have no idea with respect to where we are in the silent phase of our new campaign. I hope they will do now what they always do - continue to work their way towards a .500 season, only to then have to come to grips with the fact that Xavier is doing just fine, obviously including experiencing much more basketball success than they will ever enjoy.
    I really enjoyed this post.

UD sucks!
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    What Nuts said and triple it with a twist of lemon, no sugar. I saw the entire game, and if anyone got hosed it was Richmond. The Spiders were clearly the better team and Dayton had better do one of two things: 1)Apply for membership in the Horizon League or 2)Try the Ohio Valley League or Conference or whatever because their talent level has been eclipsed so badly it will take them years to catch up. I'm serious. Who wants to go there????

Green Bay is a better team this year. They wouldn't win the Horizon League. UD is better than most of the league, but typically the best team in the HL (whoever it is in any given year) is better than UD. Of course for many years that team was Butler, but still.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Freshman
    Speaking of Dayton, did anyone catch SNL last night? One of the stories in the weekend update was about how a lady in Dayton had a lost dog and the reward for finding it was a pack of cigarettes and a case of beer. It starts at about the 8 minute mark on this video:
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-18-14/n45318/

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer_15 View Post
    Speaking of Dayton, did anyone catch SNL last night? One of the stories in the weekend update was about how a lady in Dayton had a lost dog and the reward for finding it was a pack of cigarettes and a case of beer. It starts at about the 8 minute mark on this video:
    This really should come as no surprise to anyone outside of Dayton.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer_15 View Post
    It was actually a clever ploy to stand out amongst the typical 'missing pet' posters. And it worked. The guy that found the dog said he gave it a closer look because of the offer. As much as I hate to say anything good about something coming out of Dayton, I do give this woman credit for being clever.

Perhaps she's not a Flyer fan?

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    It was actually a clever ploy to stand out amongst the typical 'missing pet' posters. And it worked. The guy that found the dog said he gave it a closer look because of the offer. As much as I hate to say anything good about something coming out of Dayton, I do give this woman credit for being clever.

Perhaps she's not a Flyer fan?
    If this lady has logic like that then she must be a Raider fan trying to tend to the needs of Flyer fans haha