Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jalen Reynolds - DNP

Was there any mention on the tv or radio telecast of the game last night as to why Jalen Reynolds didn't play?

I am guessing it was just a coach's decision, but with as short as the Georgetown bench was, I thought JR could have at least helped to wear down their big men.

First game this year that I can recall where we didn't see Jalen touch the floor.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Matt and Isaiah avoided foul trouble in the first half, and then in the second we were so far behind that we needed Farr's skill set rather than Jalen's.

I don't think there was any malice to it, it was just a game where Jalen didn't have a role to play. I think he'll get significant minutes against an athletic DePaul team.

Agreed.

In general this season, I wouldn't read too much into any limited action Jalen is receiving as I'm not sure he's going to carve out much of a role this year. He still has a ways to go.

I like Jalen and his game. I just wish I'd never heard his high school coach call him "Thomas Robinson with a jump shot."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I like Jalen and his game. I just wish I'd never heard his high school coach call him "Thomas Robinson with a jump shot."
    Robinson averaged 7 minutes his freshman year and 14 minutes his sophomore year (2.5 and 7 PPG). Because he isn't Thomas Robinson now doesn't mean he won't see a more significant role once he gets it. I wouldn't imagine Smith makes that comparison lightly since he coached both of them.

He is a freshman and a big and he sat out last year. At this point in the season, I am shocked he has played as much as he has. It's really icing on the cake with how Farr is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    Matt and Isaiah avoided foul trouble in the first half, and then in the second we were so far behind that we needed Farr's skill set rather than Jalen's.

I don't think there was any malice to it, it was just a game where Jalen didn't have a role to play. I think he'll get significant minutes against an athletic DePaul team.
    Also, I think with the style of offense Gtown runs with the backdoor cuts and so forth it required some more mental aspects on the defensive side and Jalen probably isnt there yet.

See the scout board NUTS. Rick Broering has a great synopsis of why he thinks (or knows) why Jalen didn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    See the scout board NUTS. Rick Broering has a great synopsis of why he thinks (or knows) why Jalen didn't play.
    Link?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

GTown was running a pretty small lineup last night. My hunch is that it was simply an issue around who was best suited to play the best possible defense.

Farr got some good minutes b/c he extends defenses and opens things up.....and we needed that last night.