Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Cooley XU'81 View Post
    I'll be there with two of those smart (and good looking!) Cooley Kids: Spike Cooley XU'19 and Mo Cooley XU'22.
    I love the names in your family...Mel, Spike, Mo. Hope the Cooleys can bring home a win on Monday.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My question is this: I believe Xavier has a rather substantial alumni base in the Windy City - could we outnumber the DePaul crowd at their place?
    It'll be interesting to see, Dash.

X played DeP in the same building circa '93. Pete was the coach. Andy Mac and Joe on the call.

Saturday afternoon. I remember it being close to 50/50 with enthusiasm in X's direction. X prevailed easily.

Then alums and friends filled an expansive conference space for a post-game reception with the team.

It's hard to overemphasize how little interest DePaul captures in Chicago these days. Too bad, for too long. Even with some wins this year, for the first time in along time, no juice.

Very important that X brings its A Game. I'm utterly confident they will. Big TV Stage if not a big event in Chicago.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Thanks, Nuts!

Sluggo and Elliot are off on their own. Elliot at Fordham, poor kid.

Mother Cooley XU'81 (and she is an alum) sends regrets.

Big Win coming.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It'll be interesting to see, Dash.

X played DeP in the same building circa '93. Pete was the coach. Andy Mac and Joe on the call.

Saturday afternoon. I remember it being close to 50/50 with enthusiasm in X's direction. X prevailed easily.

Then alums and friends filled an expansive conference space for a post-game reception with the team.

It's hard to overemphasize how little interest DePaul captures in Chicago these days. Too bad, for too long. Even with some wins this year, for the first time in along time, no juice.

Very important that X brings its A Game. I'm utterly confident they will. Big TV Stage if not a big event in Chicago.
    Was that the last MCC game against DePaul? The last time I remember X playing DePaul was when they beat them handily in the old Rock-n-Roll Shootout in Cleveland (1997-98).

Yes, I think that's right, Band.

There was an "Improved" MCC with DePaul, Marquette, some others that escape me back then.

In any case, the XU program was rolling, we had a great turnout -- great day to be a Muskie!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Quote Originally Posted by XULucho27 View Post
    Demon Deck above Section 105! First Xavier game since Jan 16, 2010 for me.

Might be at Merkle's pre-game, will absolutely be there post-game!
    Wow, impressive. Did you look that up or are you a Rainman kind of guy? What day of the week was it? What was the weather? Either way, have a blast and enjoy a big win! Wish I could be there...

DePaul GAME Roll Call

Hey guys, a group of us (primarily '08 alumni) rented out the Demon Deck for the game. We have 4 tix left if anyone is interested. $25/ticket. Shoot me a note or email me at w.reilly.mcclure@gmail.com if interested.

I also know a group of people will be at Shoeless Joes in Rosemont pre-game (near Allstate) and most likely Merkles post game!
    Zip'em Up!

Yes, I think that's right, Band.

There was an "Improved" MCC with DePaul, Marquette, some others that escape me back then.

In any case, the XU program was rolling, we had a great turnout -- great day to be a Muskie!
    Don't think DePaul ever "stooped" down to join the MCC. They remained independent which in retrospect may have harmed them long-term? Marquette and Dayton however were MCC MEMBERS BUT did bolt around that time to join ConUSA. I'm almost certain this is this first year ever that X and DePaul have been conference foes.
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

DePaul GAME Roll Call

Want to go, but just got back from china. Not sure my body will adjust enough to handle the drive up from Indy tomorrow.
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

DePaul GAME Roll Call

Bally c'mon. Three hour drive. Asleep by 9.
    Warmly,
    "Mel"