Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1st team ALL Big East selections

Hart, Bluiett, Delgado, Foster seems to be a given. That #5 spot will be interesting. On a side note, did I just read an AP article stating that Delgado just set the ALL TIME Big East record for rebounds in a season? That is hard to grasp if you think about it!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Who kept the records from the old Big East? The new Big East or the AAC?

One can only assume, if the article is accurate, that it would include the "old" BE also. We kept the name so I would guess the records came with it.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-01-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Kelan Martin might make 1st Team.

Delgado is an absolute rebounding machine.

Martin and Bullock are nearly identical numbers wise, very similar type players. Tie breaker might be that Martin is on a ranked team but I could see either. At one point I thought Patton could get there but he has slacked off since Mo went down. Speaking of, coaches may have voted Mo 1st team even with the injury but his recent headlines will most certainly kill that.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-01-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Delgado just hit 1000 rebounds with a regular season game and postseason to go in his Junior year. All time big east leader is Harangody at 1222. If Angel were to stay, 1400 seems extremely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Delgado just hit 1000 rebounds with a regular season game and postseason to go in his Junior year. All time big east leader is Harangody at 1222. If Angel were to stay, 1400 seems extremely doable.
    I had no idea Harangody was the All-Time Rebounding leader. When I think about all the "popular" Big Men that have been in this conference, I would not have though of him.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I had no idea Harangody was the All-Time Rebounding leader. When I think about all the "popular" Big Men that have been in this conference, I would not have though of him.
    He's 2nd all time in points scored as well.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    He's 2nd all time in points scored as well.
    That's more believable to my faulty memory. I'm not sure why the Rebounds thing shocked me.

Looking through the list are some fun trips down memory lane. Terry Dehere with 770 points back in 92-93.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I just realized sports reference site is only going back to 92-93 for some reason. I kept looking for Ewing on the list and wasnt seeing him and thought that was weird so I am not sure if Harangoady is really second in points or not.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17