Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The one factoid that he left out that mitigates all others.....udump is in dayton.
    I really think this is what hurts dayton the most. What recruit would want to live in that city for 4 years (or in chip hare's case 6 years)?

UD falls short in the following areas. These are not debatable.

1. They are in Dayton. There is literally nothing in Dayton worth going to. Nothing.
    2. They have an off campus arena.
    3. They DO NOT have a history of winning anything the last 25 years.
    4. They're within 150 miles of 6-7 other programs recruits would rather go to. OSU, Xavier, IU, UK, UL etc.
    5. They are in Dayton.

I'd rather get rid of a team than add one. Nine is perfect for basketball.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I'd rather get rid of a team than add one. Nine is perfect for basketball.
    I think that might have been true a while back, but now the NCAA has expanded the number of regular season games allowed and that makes 18 Conference games more attractive than it used to be with fewer regular season games allowed. An example of the effect this change had overall was that in the 10 years prior to the change, only an average of 81 D-1 schools had records of 20 wins or more. In the first season in which multi-team events (MTE) were permitted to count as a single game, the number jumped to 107 D-1 teams with 20 wins or more! We know that getting 20 wins or more has been a key benchmark used by the selection committee for bids to the NCAA Tourney given to non-Champions of their Conferences.

I would still rather only play sixteen conference games. I like the idea of having 13 OOC games.

That's just my own preference. I think a nine team league that plays a true round robin is ideal. I sure as hell don't want more than ten. I actually like the idea of UD being in our conference, but unless two teams leave, I'm not interested. Again, that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-12-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I would still rather only play sixteen conference games. I like the idea of having 13 OOC games.

That's just my own preference. I a nine team league that plays a true round robin is ideal. I sure as hell don't want more than ten. I actually like the idea of UD being in our conference, but unless two teams leave, I'm not interested. Again, that's just my opinion.
    I like the idea of 13 OOC games too.

I don't like the idea of Dayton getting in the Big East. "It just don't feel right, Paw."