Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Justin Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Tough to tell, at this point. Most NBA mocks I've seen have him being taken somewhere in the mid 20s. The 2014-2015 NBA rookie pay scale for a pick in that range is $1.3M (120% of base $1.09M at pick #23) to $756,000 (80% of base $946,000 at pick #27).

That's great money, but it's not "blow you away" money -- and it's also far enough down the board that there would be SOME worry about falling out of the first round entirely (and remember, only 1st round picks get guaranteed contracts in the NBA). If Semaj comes back, works on his outside shooting in the offseason, and can improve himself into the 15-18 pick range, he'll be looking at lock-down guaranteed contract at over $1M per year.

Assuming Maj's draft status remains unchanged between now and the end of the tourney, he's going to have a difficult decision to make IMO.
    No rookie is making "blow you away" money. And no matter how long he stays, Semaj will never climb enough to be a top 10 pick. If I was him I would definitely leave. If he likes college/Xavier/Cincinnati, then by all means, stay. But his draft situation isn't necessarily going to change much if he stays another year or two. Players are just as likely to improve in the NBA that they are in college, might as well get paid for it.

Re: Justin Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    yeah i think we're all counting our chickens before they hatch here. I dont think we will be nearly as deep as we think next year. Can't really count of freshmen to contribute too much (look at this year) and our will be sophomore issues as well (sans reynolds of course)....
    This year, our bench consists of freshmen and a sophomore who had played 42 total minutes the previous season. Next year, our bench will consist of sophomores, freshmen, and possibly an upperclassman, depending on how the starting lineup shakes out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Obviously a little bias, but I think it would be smart for him to stay another year. This years draft class is probably the best draft class since Lebron in '03. He can play on a terrific team and continue to improve his weaknesses. I wonder if Mack has thought about what would happen if he were to stay. That would make the squad 2 scholarships over. I think we can assume Richards is transferring, but not sure about the other spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    No rookie is making "blow you away" money. And no matter how long he stays, Semaj will never climb enough to be a top 10 pick. If I was him I would definitely leave. If he likes college/Xavier/Cincinnati, then by all means, stay. But his draft situation isn't necessarily going to change much if he stays another year or two. Players are just as likely to improve in the NBA that they are in college, might as well get paid for it.
    I agree that he probably isn't going to improve his stock by staying unless he goes Kemba Walker in the Big East tourney next year and leads X to a National Championship. For selfish reasons I'd love for him to stay because X could be real special next year if he does.

Sophomore
    If Farr wasn't going to be our 3rd big by default next season, Id still be ok with him leaving

Back to the thread on JMart. I bet he gets 10 plus boards tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    If Farr wasn't going to be our 3rd big by default next season, Id still be ok with him leaving
    I'm still not sold on him being the 3rd big. I can see Martin, Reynolds, and Stainbrook eating most of the minutes at the 4 or 5 unless we see a drastic improvement from Farr on defense. Who knows, maybe O'Mara or London can play some effective minutes next year too.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mack_Pack View Post
    I'm still not sold on him being the 3rd big. I can see Martin, Reynolds, and Stainbrook eating most of the minutes at the 4 or 5 unless we see a drastic improvement from Farr on defense. Who knows, maybe O'Mara or London can play some effective minutes next year too.
    This. I would take a lineup with JMart Remy and Bluiett all in with Stain and Semaj/Dee before any lineup with Farr. Both incoming bigs are more athletic thats for sure. Farr is way to stiff and doesn't jump overly well. Gonna be interested to see who doesnt come/leaves especially if Semaj stays. I think its probably a lock that Richards is done due to his injury and attitude prior to the injury. Dont see Myles or Randolph going anywhere. Maybe one of the three between Sumner, O'Mara, and London goes prep for a year?

Farr pushed out? NFW.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Farr pushed out? NFW.
    I dont think it will happen because he is the 3rd big on the depth chart. With that said, unless he gets loads better, mostly on defense and a post game, he will not gain much PT.