Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post

A photo is worth a thousand words.
    Hah! If you look under the score, it lists the players on the floor at the end of the game. All our players had "0" points, and we still won by 17.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The Crosstown Shootout (December 14, 2013)

You can tell the X vs UC fans today. The X fans are gloating in that glorious smackdown on Saturday. re UC fans are rehashing the brawl. Again.

Now comes the true war - apparently both schools are adamant about their vision for the future of the Shootout. In a battle of egos, PR, $$$, pride and what all else, who will give in

US Bank arena was a compromise. It's no longer tenable to us, so what is the new compromise. Well have our home game at Cintas and you can have your game at US Bank?

At least we can argue this after having boatraced them.

If, and I don't think anybody really wants this, the Shootout comes to an end, what an end it was. I think there is too much money involved to end it.
    - David Bowers ('95)

We should treat UC like Udump and the other mid majors we play, come to Cintas and collect a small fee every year.

We haven't even offered UD that.

And define small fee. One article I read indicated each school gets about 220,000 from the Classic. Now they sold a lot less tickets this year so that number is going to take a hit. An article said it grossed 540,000 with 14 k sold, so using the same per capita gets you 395,000 with 10,250. They said the charity gets 50k. The arena gets 30k, and there are about 20k in fixed costs. So that's 295k this year or just under 150k to each school. So in 2 years each school took in 370k or thereabouts. Which is probably more than X made at Cintas Center on door. Concessions, merchandise and beer are another matter.

UC should be losing on the deal as they have 3,000 more seats they can sell at $40 each.

Nobody seems to acknowledge the piece of the pie being eaten by the parking operators and arena concessions, which all went to US Bank.

There is a lot of money involved here, and I can't imagine it's financially better to hold it at US Bank, primarily due to the loss of concession revenue. (And for UC parking revenue).

I was somewhat surprised to not see any Crosstown Classic merch on sale at US Bank.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Oh, and I loved the quote from one of the game write ups that the Bearcats shooting was so bad, they couldn't hit a beer mug if it was under the tap.
    - David Bowers ('95)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o07z...NkRvj7aRd99r8w

Crosstown - A look back. Have some older footage then highlights from Sat. Great Production.
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

You can tell the X vs UC fans today. The X fans are gloating in that glorious smackdown on Saturday. re UC fans are rehashing the brawl. Again.

Now comes the true war - apparently both schools are adamant about their vision for the future of the Shootout. In a battle of egos, PR, $$$, pride and what all else, who will give in

US Bank arena was a compromise. It's no longer tenable to us, so what is the new compromise. Well have our home game at Cintas and you can have your game at US Bank?

At least we can argue this after having boatraced them.

If, and I don't think anybody really wants this, the Shootout comes to an end, what an end it was. I think there is too much money involved to end it.
    Yep.

Regarding UC fans: I found UC fans to be pretty good today. I had a couple of guys come up to me at the gym (I wear Xavier warmups pretty much every day when I workout so it's no secret who I was rooting for) and comment about how badly we beat the crap out of them.
    Eat Donuts!

And if you go on their message boards they are quick to throw their team under the bus. Let's see the salient points: they have Cronin as their coach, they don't like Cronins recruiting philosophy, they have Cronik as their coach, they don't Iile Cronins offense, they have Cronin as their coach, they have all bigs instead of all the various positions and try to win by brute force athleticism instead of basketball finesse, and they have Cronin as their coach.

In
    - David Bowers ('95)

We haven't even offered UD that.

And define small fee. One article I read indicated each school gets about 220,000 from the Classic. Now they sold a lot less tickets this year so that number is going to take a hit. An article said it grossed 540,000 with 14 k sold, so using the same per capita gets you 395,000 with 10,250. They said the charity gets 50k. The arena gets 30k, and there are about 20k in fixed costs. So that's 295k this year or just under 150k to each school. So in 2 years each school took in 370k or thereabouts. Which is probably more than X made at Cintas Center on door. Concessions, merchandise and beer are another matter.

UC should be losing on the deal as they have 3,000 more seats they can sell at $40 each.

Nobody seems to acknowledge the piece of the pie being eaten by the parking operators and arena concessions, which all went to US Bank.

There is a lot of money involved here, and I can't imagine it's financially better to hold it at US Bank, primarily due to the loss of concession revenue. (And for UC parking revenue).

I was somewhat surprised to not see any Crosstown Classic merch on sale at US Bank.
    It was a joke.