Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JMart

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    Tangent: I hated that Euro douche. He'd push someone in the back every rebound, then whine about fouls. He tried to act tough with Martin after JMart tied him up. For every push he got called for, 2 more went uncalled.
    What you saw from that BigDeli Would Be was the product of a coaching line that follow, Knight, Krzyzewski, Wright, Crews, Dakich and now Simmons--wicked, mostly illegal picks, shoves and cry baby cry every time you punch or shove somebody and get caught. JMartin just gave what he had been getting all night. He could be one of the leaders Xavier so desperately needs. And look who's making free throws, none other than Semaj(13 of 17 and he was foulkd at least four more times and it was not called.

Tangent: I hated that Euro douche. He'd push someone in the back every rebound, then whine about fouls. He tried to act tough with Martin after JMart tied him up. For every push he got called for, 2 more went uncalled.
    No kidding. That guy should have fouled out in the first 10 minutes. Shame on those refs for letting him get away with the amount of holding and pushing that he did. Every single play he was holding his man in the post. Lousy commie.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    No kidding. That guy should have fouled out in the first 10 minutes. Shame on those refs for letting him get away with the amount of holding and pushing that he did. Every single play he was holding his man in the post. Lousy commie.
    Not really fair to Lithuania to call them "commies", given their long history of resistance against the Soviets.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    Not really fair to Lithuania to call them "commies", given their long history of resistance against the Soviets.
    Right. I dare you to call Arvydas Sabonis a commie to his face.

Why did you have to go and bring facts into this?
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I don't think effort is an issue with him at all. I just don't think he likes to wear his emotions on his sleeve. And I'm fine with that.
    That's how I've always thought about JMart. He doesn't really show much emotion on the court, that combined with him being a mediocre player a lot of the time leads people to think he doesn't care or has poor effort. I agree with what Bleed is saying about him being timid though. So confidence seems to be a bigger issue with him than effort.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Can we say he hails from Uzbekhistan instead? Assholes!

Right. I dare you to call Arvydas Sabonis a commie to his face.
    What's he going to do, fall out of his wheelchair on you? Surely that guy can't walk anymore. He could barely move his last couple of years in the NBA.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Hence the name Arthritis Sabonis. Probably one of the best nicknames I've ever heard for an NBA player.

I am not shocked at all by the play of Martin. This is exactly how he played last year after he hurt his head. Everyone gave him a pass and said it can take months to recover from a concussion.

He's just not good.

Classic case last night where he comes down before the half court defense gets set-up. He hesitates, then goes to the rim and misses, then gets his own rebound, goes up with it and gets swatted and falls to the court. Evansville turns the defensivbe rebound into a break and scores.

I expect upperclassman starters on the XU basketball team to take that ball right to the rim and finish, especially against Evansville. If Martin isn't good enough to do that then at least have the sense to pull it out and set up some offense.