Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This kind of annoys me. I don't live in Cincy anymore but if I did, I would go to every XU game I could regardless of venue.
    US Bank kind of annoys me too.

Suggestions for you
    1.) Move back to Cincinnati and pay 2 seat licenses and make a decision on whether to spend an extra $100 at a neutral site in town

2.) become a fan of a college around you and start paying seat licenses and make a decision if they play at a neutral site in town to spend an extra $100

3.) shut up

Tweets you DON'T Love

I don't live in Cincy anymore, so it's easy for me to say this. I wouldn't go to the arena downtown. That place is horrible for watching hoops compared to Cintas. After the KState game, several years back, I vowed to never go there for a game again.

I really hope this is the end of us playing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim Hardaway hates Dayton.

Sophomore
    I just hope we win Saturday.

IF we lose and people are still bitching about the venue it is going to sound like major major sour grapes.

Sophomore
    I'd wish it go back to the Home and Home, but as a fan and a season ticketholder if the game is within 120 miles and my schedule is open there is absolutely NO reason why I won't go.

Any place on the banks going to be more Xavier Centric this year? Was at Moerlein House last year and it had very little blue.

Will be heading down at 3/4ish with my group to cheer on THE BIG EAST team of Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It's called principle...and I hope XU sticsk to it. There's no doubt XU would have continued this series on campus. This was, without a doubt, a ploy by UC to either 1) end the series (knowing they have the advantage at a neutral site, and knowing XU would ultimately end this without a home and home); or 2) never have to step foot in Cintas again where they know their success has been very limited. The problem is, they don't hold the big boy pants anymore.

Because of the altercation and having to "save face", they agreed to 2 years...it should rotate or not be played.
    Seems like an interesting "principle" to take since it only hurts the program you purport to love. But to each their own I guess.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Seems like an interesting "principle" to take since it only hurts the program you purport to love. But to each their own I guess.
    I think some folks are thinking that if they stay home eventually the drop in attendance will cause it to move back to campus.

They're dead wrong and I wish they'd realize that whether they show up or not will have no bearing on the matter, but like you said to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I think some folks are thinking that if they stay home eventually the drop in attendance will cause it to move back to campus.
    Or be cancelled altogether. Either ways is better than the status quo.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Me not showing up doesn't "hurt" the program. In fact, watch and see what Xavier does at the end of this year when renewing at a neutral site comes up. My "principle" lines up with theirs.

PS - going to games and loving a program arent mutually exclusive. I go to plenty of games...but choosing not to go doesn't make one "less" of a fan.

Would people be opposed if they started to do the following starting next year:

1st year- At UC's dump of a gym
    2nd year- Cintas Center
    3rd year- Whatever the arena downtown is called
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    Would people be opposed if they started to do the following starting next year:

1st year- At UC's dump of a gym
    2nd year- Cintas Center
    3rd year- Whatever the arena downtown is called
    I am an Indy Season Ticket (Club Seat) holder. I have been a season ticket holder since 1983. I will not go to the UC game at the dumpy arena in downtown Cincinnati. It should be held on the campuses. One reason I will not go is I refuse to be around UC fans. They are not fun to be around and I have no desire to have to walk to/from the arena with them. Secondly, the ticket prices are ridiculous. I choose my own charities to support (including Xavier) and don't need to give to the charity they select for this game. Third, the arena is a dump.

I am not holding out so they will change the location. If they do, fine, and if they don't then I won't attend. I also firmly believe the school wants it back on campus again. If UC won't do that then dump the series. For years I thought that this was a must have must play game. But not any longer. I would not miss them from the schedule and it would not hurt either program.

And finally, no I don't want the third year at the dumpy downtown arena. That just means I would miss going for two out of every three years.