Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Taylor University's Silent Night

Wasn't aware of this one. Deadspin has uncovered an absolute gym.

The gist is that on the last Friday before exams, the crowd is dead silent until Taylor reaches 10pts. Once they do that, the crowd goes absolutely ballistic. Storming the court, and everything. The idea of storming the court not even ten minutes into the game seems kind of fun.

http://deadspin.com/taylor-universit...asc-1478848545
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Wasn't aware of this one. Deadspin has uncovered an absolute gym.

The gist is that on the last Friday before exams, the crowd is dead silent until Taylor reaches 10pts. Once they do that, the crowd goes absolutely ballistic. Storming the court, and everything. The idea of storming the court not even ten minutes into the game seems kind of fun.

http://deadspin.com/taylor-universit...asc-1478848545
    I saw this yesterday. Why don't they asses a technical? I can't imagine running on he court is a good thing. Fun, yes. Good, probably not.

Of course Xavier fans seem to be silent for most of the game.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I would assume that they did assess a technical. Didn't they?? I just didn't think Taylor cared.

There is another school (forget who) that covers the floor in toilet paper on the first made basket of the season. A technical is called then. But, the team just figures it's worth it.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Silent Night - 2016

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the first time that there was a marriage proposal as part of the festivities.

Highlights from Silent Night - 2016. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I would assume that they did assess a technical. Didn't they?? I just didn't think Taylor cared.

There is another school (forget who) that covers the floor in toilet paper on the first made basket of the season. A technical is called then. But, the team just figures it's worth it.
    They do get a technical. I'm surprised the NAIA allows it to continue under the guise of "Fan Safety".
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

The NCAA can bitch and moan all they want about fan safety, but this game falls under the jurisdiction of the NAIA.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The NCAA can bitch and moan all they want about fan safety, but this game falls under the jurisdiction of the NAIA.
    correct. I edited my post.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

The creativity I see from college students when it comes to costumes never ceases to amaze me. That was some well done stuff, and very original! I love the fire roasting a marshmallow, the last supper bit, and the girl swimming. I don't know who Taylor University is, but I would love to attend a game like that.

Can't imagine how much cocaine it would take to motivate our student body to choreograph something like that....I am guessing a LOT!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    The creativity I see from college students when it comes to costumes never ceases to amaze me. That was some well done stuff, and very original! I love the fire roasting a marshmallow, the last supper bit, and the girl swimming. I don't know who Taylor University is, but I would love to attend a game like that.

Can't imagine how much cocaine it would take to motivate our student body to choreograph something like that....I am guessing a LOT!
    I completely missed the roasting marshmallow bit - thanks for highlighting that. That other gal you mentioned was part of a synchronized swimming team as well.