Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Farr

James Farr

I can't get over how much this kid has improved from last year.

I want James playing 25-30 minutes a night. He is super productive. Shooting 3's at a high %, rebounding at a high rate, blocking shots, dunks, mid range jumpers. The guys has blossomed this season and deserves more PT and shot!!

Only one problem: FOULS. This kid will be a great Xavier player if he can avoid letting the referees decide how much he is allowed to play. Gret potential and just beginning to scratch surface.

I agree. This kid is my new favorite player. I remember when Mack signed him, many fans (myself included) wondered if he would ever get a chance to play because of the guys ahead of him. Now, he's the biggest matchup problem for other teams to defend. I think he has the potential to be Derrick Brown 2.0.

I also think that Jalen Reynolds shows a lot of potential. I'm envisioning the two of them being absolute beasts on the boards for the next three years.
    AMDG

He is playing great....and he brings another dimension to the floor with his range and ability to rebound. He's going to continue to get more minutes if he can keep himself from making silly fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post
    I agree. This kid is my new favorite player. I remember when Mack signed him, many fans (myself included) wondered if he would ever get a chance to play because of the guys ahead of him. Now, he's the biggest matchup problem for other teams to defend. I think he has the potential to be Derrick Brown 2.0.

I also think that Jalen Reynolds shows a lot of potential. I'm envisioning the two of them being absolute beasts on the boards for the next three years.
    I don't even see a slight resemblance to Derrick Browns game?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I don't even see a slight resemblance to Derrick Browns game?
    None at all other than them both being about 6'9'' and black.

Left handed?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I can't get over how much this kid has improved from last year.

I want James playing 25-30 minutes a night. He is super productive. Shooting 3's at a high %, rebounding at a high rate, blocking shots, dunks, mid range jumpers. The guys has blossomed this season and deserves more PT and shot!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post
    Now, he's the biggest matchup problem for other teams to defend.

Agreed. Why Mack insists on continuing to play and start Philmore and Stainbrook to the extent he does is mind-boggling. Similar to how Myles Davis was on the bench for the last 5 minutes of the second half when BG was taking us to overtime..... and our only shooter, who was having a great night, on the bench.

Derrick Brown was more of a drive to the basket guy. If James can change his body a little he may have an NBA future with his game but either way he will make a good living playing basketball. You can't teach 6'10" with his stroke and hands. He is pretty smooth with either hand and can snatch rebounds. He will be a great 4 year player and has an extremely bright future head of him. His weaknesses are his fouls, which he will overcome experience and coaching, and his quickness. When he learns to play defense with his feet he will stop fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by XU2011 View Post
    Agreed. Why Mack insists on continuing to play and start Philmore and Stainbrook to the extent he does is mind-boggling. Similar to how Myles Davis was on the bench for the last 5 minutes of the second half when BG was taking us to overtime..... and our only shooter, who was having a great night, on the bench.
    That and the fact that Coach got confused on who this teams go to player must be late in games. It was great Philmore made a couple of baskets but late in games everyone with a brain wins and loses by letting Semaj try to make plays.