Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bitcoin: One Investor's Story

Link

Interesting article for those interested in Bitcoin.

Anyone have any? I don't and have never thought about getting involved. I'd be interested in hearing other points of view.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    This weekend, Bomani Jones tweeted: I like my money to have an army behind it.

It just seems too volatile.

Buying an unbacked "currency" is like Amway, but without the good parts. For every dollar "made" in Bitcoins, someone else lost that dollar.

The guy who wrote that still hasn't learned a thing, because he is referring to his gamble as an "investment".
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Some guy just through out a hard drive worth several million dollars in bitcoin currency.

Bitcoin, beanie babies, baseball cards, : beets, bears, Battlestar Galacta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Buying an unbacked "currency" is like Amway, but without the good parts. For every dollar "made" in Bitcoins, someone else lost that dollar.

The guy who wrote that still hasn't learned a thing, because he is referring to his gamble as an "investment".
    Investing in currencies isn't the same thing as gambling. Sheeesh....................Although I will admit Bitcoin is sort of a dumb concept.
    Last edited by floorsweeper; 12-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.

I personally don't view it as a currency. Others might, but if I can't physically possess it, then it's not a currency to me.

Quote Originally Posted by floorsweeper View Post
    Investing in currencies isn't the same thing as gambling. Sheeesh....................Although I will admit Bitcoin is sort of a dumb concept.
    I'm sure Kahn's can speak for himself, and he will, but I think that's why he put "currency" in quotes.

On top of that, most of us don't want asshole fans from other programs giving crap to any of our posters.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Bitcoin, beanie babies, baseball cards, : beets, bears, Battlestar Galacta
    Muskie!

I still don't think I really understand how it works. It's just a fictional 'currency' that is not backed by anything or recognized by any government as legal tender, right? There's no way to take your bitcoins and buy a car or anything, unless you find some other idiot that wants to sell you their car for your bitcoins, right?
    Eat Donuts!