Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not that I care all that much...but whey didn't they just, you know, get passports? The trip wasn't exactly a surprise.
    Great question. I'm guessing they just waited until the last minute and it ended up being too late.

Not that I care all that much...but whey didn't they just, you know, get passports? The trip wasn't exactly a surprise.
    Go, didn't you hear, the Battle from Atlantis came as a total surprise. Coach showed up to our Abeline Christian game, saw the Battle for Atlantis logo on the Cintas floor, and though the tournament was at Cintas. He was just too busy coaching up the team to pick up a schedule card off the marketing table before a home game.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Sophomore
    Like you said it doesn't really matter, but this whole thing seems odd.

If you figured out a way to get there without a passport why not take that way home? If you were going to get passports to get home, why not get them before you left.

Oh well. The icing on the cake of a trip I think we all hope to forget.
    Last edited by casualfan; 12-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Without knowing anything, I bet it was one of those things where they were so used to already having passports for themselves, they didn't remember for awhile that their kids had never had one. Then suddenly the "Oh, shit," moment came, but passports take weeks to process sometimes.

This was covered during the Iowa game. They have been to the Bahamas via cruise several times but had never flown there and didn't realize that to fly in the kids needed passports.

Sorry guys, but not buying the excuse.

What did the assistant (I assume it was Steele or Rick Carter) have to say then? Any explanations offered?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

If you figured out a way to get there without a passport why not take that way home? If you were going to get passports to get home, why not get them before you left.

Oh well. The icing on the cake of a trip I think we all hope to forget.
    Because the cruise apparently went VERY badly (as in mom and the kids got extremely sea sick).

I'd go by boat instead of flying home with the Tennessee team too.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

If you figured out a way to get there without a passport why not take that way home? If you were going to get passports to get hom, why not get them before you left.

Oh well. The icing on the cake of a trip I think we all hope top forget.
    The story at Dilly was the boat ride was such an awful experience for multiple reasons to the Bahamas that they were flat out not going to go that route back. They had to go to an Embassy today to get their travel credentials and Chris stayed with his family as a good Dad would to make sure all went well. Sure we all would have preferred Chris was here but it was actually fun meeting the assistants tonight and hearing their perspectives. It still seemed everyone here had a great time and we had another great crowd which we here at Dilly greatly appreciate!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Sorry guys, but not buying the excuse.

What did the assistant (I assume it was Steele or Rick Carter) have to say then? Any explanations offered?
    Christi and the girls had to take a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to get there on Thursday when they learned on Tuesday that the girls needed (but did not have) passports. The cruise went VERY badly -- as in Christi and the girls got very sea sick. Chris didn't want to leave them to do that again on their own, so he decided to travel back with them. They were waiting for expedited passports to arrive so that they could fly home.

My aren't we all the conspiracy theorists today...

PS: I too have taken a "cruise" from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas (Spring Break senior year). It was a horrible experience for me as well. I turned green and basically passed out on the deck of the ship. And no -- at that point I hadn't had a sip of alcohol. I do not have sea legs...
    Last edited by LA Muskie; 12-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.