Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    App State is 6-13, with Canty not really playing against good competition as he missed the first 9 games. I'll take Justin Martin over him any day. He may have been a decent player at X, but I just think the talent we have now is much better.
    Jay Canty has not played a minute this year. He was suspended earlier but never came back. I wonder what happened? He averaged 17 a game last year and 14 the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Hence the "recruited over" part. And bad team/competition or not, he's putting up some big numbers at an efficient rate and probably would have been have been a nice role player at X. Martin and Dez Wells, on the other hand, are impact players, and they both committed after him.

I always said that if you combined Canty's ability with Latham's position, you had a player that wouldn't have transferred.
    I read that wrong, my apologies. I thought you were saying Canty should have stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Jay Canty has not played a minute this year. He was suspended earlier but never came back. I wonder what happened? He averaged 17 a game last year and 14 the year before.
    He's played 5 games this season: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...1077/jay-canty

Canty broke his hand last week and is out 4-6 weeks.

Before getting injured he was putting up really solid numbers, ORating of over 118 on KenPom. He is a really good player, just saw JMart and Dez playing the same position.

Yesterday we had the #6 recruiting class in the US per ESPN.
    Today we have the #17 class. We dropped 11 spots and Georgetown gained 8 to take over our slot.

Would one of you recruiting gurus explain to me what happened between yesterday and today to our class. Did 2 of them become ineligible?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Yesterday we had the #6 recruiting class in the US per ESPN.
    Today we have the #17 class. We dropped 11 spots and Georgetown gained 8 to take over our slot.

Would one of you recruiting gurus explain to me what happened between yesterday and today to our class. Did 2 of them become ineligible?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings
    ESPN updated their rankings.. Each recruit for next season are having great senior seasons but ESPN wisdom says to drop a recruit in the rankings as soon as they commit to Xavier. This literally happens every year.

As a side note, I still don't understand why Paul Biancardi of all people is ESPN's lead recruiting expert. That's the same guy who gave money to recruits while he coached under O'Brien at OSU.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

Nope, that doesn't work. All those people were committed to X before when we earned the #6 ranking.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

global warming, god or gays.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Nope, that doesn't work. All those people were committed to X before when we earned the #6 ranking.
    My guess would be that a number of uncommitted Top 50 types committed to big schools, thus pushing them ahead of X.

Or it's a conspiracy.