Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Has he taken a 3? I'd need to check the stats to know for sure.
    I was kidding. He is 1 for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Do you honestly think Semaj, as the player we saw last year, is the equal to John Wall? I remember when D.Brown was told he was a surefire 1st Rd pick...until he wasn't. If Semaj doesn't show improvement over last year - meaning he's stuck in neutral and NBA teams might fear that he won't/can't develop more - I don't know that he's a 1st Rd pick. And, if he would be, why didn't he just leave after last year?
    No I don't but they play similar styles, both have good athleticism and size for position, and they both struggled with their shot. Semaj is not close to Wall's level but it would be dumb for him to return to school. GET PAID.

Sophomore
    I feel like Semaj's finishing skills this year have improved over last year and that is saying something. Dude can finish like Jordan Crawford.

I haven't looked up any stats (there's always someone to do that, seemingly), but it seems more that he's not willing to TRY anything outside of an 8 foot floater. How many true jumpers has he tried? It seems he knows he can get to the rim at will so why attempt from farther out. And he CAN get to the rim. I'd like to see his FT % go up (it's not a bad motion which gives me hope) and keep the D honest as we get to more competitive games by making a few jumpers. Confidence is under rated.

Nothing like an armchair internet coach, but I bet his average would go way up if he would just get in the routine of bending his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    No I don't but they play similar styles, both have good athleticism and size for position, and they both struggled with their shot. Semaj is not close to Wall's level but it would be dumb for him to return to school. GET PAID.
    I agree that if he's going to be a first round pick that he should go. I just don't think he'll be a first rounder if he doesn't show improvement over last year. If he finishes this year as basically the same player we saw last year, I don't see him going in the first round. Now, if he shows an improved jumper, better decisions, an improved left, etc., then the first round is obviously in play and he would be silly not to take the money.

Sophomore
    Everyone's criticizing his jump shot....

He hasn't had to take a jump shot really. He's making the best possible plays not throwing up dumb shots (ala moog), he's shooting like 65% FG.

I personally think he's gone. He hasn't even really had to try yet. Wait until we see him take over a game.