Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    nice piece on the Celtics website about Crawford's court vision: http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/side...-duo-backcourt

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    Just a question as a Butler fan, what happened to Holloway? I remember before the Cincinnati game that year he was supposed to be one of the greatest players in the country, did he just fall off the board after that season?
    2011-12 Xavier 34 34 36.7 17.5ppg 3.6rpg 4.9 apg 1.5stpg 0.1 3.0 t/o 2.2 .429 .346 .862

Had a good senior season (though just a tick less productive than his Junior Season). After the UC game he got virtually no media attention even though he had a great season.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Crawford had 10 assists Monday in a double double, a line I never dreamed of seeing. I've always liked Stevens, but if he can make an NBA point guard out of Jordan Crawford, he deserves the big bucks.

My nephew, an assistant at Golden State, surprised me by predicting Stevens would be a top ten NBA coach in 2 or 3 seasons, and was a very good fit in Boston(where he had interned as vid coordinator for two seasons.)
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crawford had 10 assists Monday in a double double, a line I never dreamed of seeing. I've always liked Stevens, but if he can make an NBA point guard out of Jordan Crawford, he deserves the big bucks.

My nephew, an assistant at Golden State, surprised me by predicting Stevens would be a top ten NBA coach in 2 or 3 seasons, and was a very good fit in Boston(where he had interned as vid coordinator for two seasons.)
    Stevens is a great coach. You don't get to back to back National championship games at Butler without having a heck of a coach. I think he will be in the NBA for a long time.

Re: Good article about Jordan Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Stevens is a great coach. You don't get to back to back National championship games at Butler without having a heck of a coach. I think he will be in the NBA for a long time.
    No one is arguing that he isn't a good coach in general. The NBA is just a different animal, so coaching ability doesn't always translate well (and that probably goes vice versa). Rick Pitino and John Calipari have done great in college ball but were not successful in their NBA stints, and it wasn't unreasonable to expect the same result with Stevens, especially since his college players were generally very different from your average NBA player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So far this year, JC is tied with Kyrie Irving in EWA and PER. If he can keep this up, he is in line for a pretty good deal.
    - Bob Sacamano

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    No one is arguing that he isn't a good coach in general. The NBA is just a different animal, so coaching ability doesn't always translate well (and that probably goes vice versa). Rick Pitino and John Calipari have done great in college ball but were not successful in their NBA stints, and it wasn't unreasonable to expect the same result with Stevens, especially since his college players were generally very different from your average NBA player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    I think you have it backwards 09. Pitino and Calipari were GREAT recruiters. They won with more talent on the court. Stevens showed that he can win with less talent. That, to me, is the difference. I will give Pitino credit for this past Louisville team but his KY teams were always loaded.

Simmons has some love for Crawford, btw he is a big time Boston sports fanatic. Good to see Crawford getting praise from even the fans up east

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 48m
    Dear contenders: here's your official "Trade For Jordan Crawford, Make Him Your Heat Check Bench Guy" YouTube mix.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47oQ_8EN8w

Quote Originally Posted by A10fan View Post
    I think you have it backwards 09. Pitino and Calipari were GREAT recruiters. They won with more talent on the court. Stevens showed that he can win with less talent. That, to me, is the difference. I will give Pitino credit for this past Louisville team but his KY teams were always loaded.
    Steve Lavin is a great recruiter. Brian Gregory is a great recruiter. Rick Pitino and John Calipari are great college coaches (a job which includes recruiting in a big way).

I don't understand the whole, "Well, that team was loaded," in reference to a championship team. Of course the team was loaded. How many championship teams aren't? Even Stevens' first Final Four team, the one that didn't benefit from an unusually high string of luck [insert PMI rant here], had an NBA lottery pick, one of the best perimeter defenders in the country, and some great to good college players.

By the way, for us Xavier fans, one of the things that makes Mack a really good coach is how good of a recruiter he has been overall. He has brought some real talent together.