Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Good article about Jordan Crawford

Since we had a "scathing article" about Crawford, I thought it would be good (since I am hoping he does well) to provide an example of the other side.
    Early in the season, team has lost Garnett, Pierce (Allen the year before) and Rondo is hurt.
    Brand new coach who has never been in the NBA. That all equals a recipe for seeking the #1 pick in next year's draft.

But the Celtics are in there clawing early in the year. I generally could care less about them, but have had fun following Crawford, hoping he would turn it around and make Xavier proud.

It seems like he is at least trying (until he posts something crazy or goes off the deep end). From ESPN Boston after last nights win over the Miami Heat (!):

STEEZ PLEASES: Stevens called Jordan Crawford a "calming presence" during the fourth quarter of Wednesday's win over the Utah Jazz. On Friday, Crawford's late-game actions left Stevens suggesting he was "the most excited I've been since I moved to Boston."
    Crawford was a team-best plus-11 in plus/minus, turning in 13 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds
    Tell me you ever thought Jordan Crawford would be call a "calming presence" by a coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I never saw Jordan Crawford as a negative influence (see Mark Lyons). The guy was a player, and always wanted to take the big shot, but what some may have seen as selfish, I saw as confidence. CMack did have to rein him in early, however, after the games in Orlando and the benching at the SucKS game sent a message that Jordan received. His NCAA Tournament performance was outstanding and team leading.

Good for him. Maturity is a wonderful thing.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I never saw Jordan Crawford as a negative influence (see Mark Lyons). The guy was a player, and always wanted to take the big shot, but what some may have seen as selfish, I saw as confidence. CMack did have to rein him in early, however, after the games in Orlando and the benching at the SucKS game sent a message that Jordan received. His NCAA Tournament performance was outstanding and team leading.

Good for him. Maturity is a wonderful thing.
    The only negative I really saw in Jordan is that he really wasn't into being a student athlete......and really, what's wrong with that. some of our most celebrated athletes never started college. He is a quiet guy of court, and I think people classify that as an extension of his arrogance. I think he was always just trying to overcome that reserved side by being demonstrative on the floor. I think people unfairly group he, Lyons and holloway together, and at the end of the day, he may have been the most dominant and exciting player to have ever played...and we barely had the chance to know him. I'm thrilled for his new opportunity....hopefully he lasts through the celtics rebuild.

5th on the team in scoring in shorter minutes than most of the scoring leaders. tied for 1st in apg 4th in fg%, 2nd in 3 point %. assist to turnover per game 3.4 to 1.4.
    The good news is that he has worked his way into the starting lineup. Granted the Celtics are not going anywhere this year, but he is making them a better team.

I never saw him as a negative. I did see him as a guy that took too many contested shots when there were better looks available.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This will give you the blog post with Stevens talking about JC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...execution#more

and it's 3 straight now since Crawford became a starter
    Last edited by XU-PA; 11-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.

He looked great against the Magic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0greZW_uFkM
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I never saw him as a negative. I did see him as a guy that took to many contested shots when there were better looks available.
    Completely agree with this. Jordan was a huge net positive in his time at XU.

The only things keeping Jordan from being a potential star in the NBA are Defense and Decisions.

He needs to really crank up the effort and intensity on defense--night in and night out. He also needs to make better decisions more consistently when the ball's in his hands.

One thing he's not short on is talent. And that you can't teach at this point. It's all up to him.
    "Xavier is Franciscan monkspeak for gonads."

- Gregg Doyel on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Muskied View Post
    The only negative I really saw in Jordan is that he really wasn't into being a student athlete......and really, what's wrong with that. some of our most celebrated athletes never started college. He is a quiet guy of court, and I think people classify that as an extension of his arrogance. I think he was always just trying to overcome that reserved side by being demonstrative on the floor. I think people unfairly group he, Lyons and holloway together, and at the end of the day, he may have been the most dominant and exciting player to have ever played...and we barely had the chance to know him. I'm thrilled for his new opportunity....hopefully he lasts through the celtics rebuild.
    Just a question as a Butler fan, what happened to Holloway? I remember before the Cincinnati game that year he was supposed to be one of the greatest players in the country, did he just fall off the board after that season?

Holloway is over in Europe now. He got a couple looks by NBA teams, but physically he didn't match up well on that level. Short and not too athletic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk