Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BL: Looking at the roster, I think I count 11 scholarship players. In the past, we had injuries and ineligible players. What will it be like this year?
    CM: Well, the best thing is the fact that if you want to coast – I don’t think our guys have that attitude in practice. You can’t now. I’m talking about your effort – not results. When you have that many scholarship players, it makes for a more competitive environment. On game night, it’s a challenge as you have talented players. I have to make tough decisions. Many times it’s based on how hard the guys work. It beats having 6.5/7 guys.

JS: Talk about the new guys.
    CM: Matt S is the best passer on the team. Has a big time IQ for the game. We need Matt to be solid on the defensive end. Need him to be better than he was at his last stop. Myles Davis did a great job academically. He’s a stretch the floor- he’ll play the 2 or 3 – even though he’s a bit undersized for the 3. He has big time energy and loves to talk on the floor and I don’t mean trash talk. Jalen Reynolds has a big love affair of this university. This is where he wants to be. He has a lot to learn. The speed of the game is what he has to learn. He will have his moments where X fans will leave him asking why he doesn’t do more. Other nights where they shake their head at what he does. Kamall Richards is the furthest behind in having a role on the team this year. The speed in college is much more than high school. He will adjust. Brandon Randolph- one of the most unique recruiting stories. His dad is in his mid-70s and it’s just Brandan and his dad. It took a special person to send Brandan 3000 miles away to get an education and play for an excellent program. He is immensely coachable. You need to lift him up after practice as he’s so hard on himself. He’s explosive. He’s physically ready for college basketball. I’m very excited for him.

BL: What about the 3 returning starters?
    CM: 2 of the 3 were absent due to illness. Hope we get them back tomorrow. Semaj was busy jet setting around the country and invited to elite camps and exposed to talented players. Justin and Dee spent the first 6 weeks back home. They came back and did a great job in the 2nd summer session. They were in the gym a lot. They know we are counting on their effort. It’s nice when you are returning some starters.

JS: As a coach, you also look to the future and one of the future players is Remy Abel.
    CM: He is an athlete. He can shoot the 3. He practices every day and is a blessing to have a guy like him in practice. He goes at Semaj and Dee.

JS: Anything surprise you about your team?
    CM: Before you had to cram everything in a short time. We have to make sure the wheels aren’t off before day 1 with the extra days. The team is looking forward to the Big East.

Supporting Member
    Just got back from the Mack show at Dilly's. In a nutshell it was fantastic. I've been going to these shows since Gillen days and by far Dilly's is the best host ever. All I can say it is nice to feel wanted. Great atmosphere, excellent food, good sight lines and plenty of parking. Every X fan should try to get to a show. Great job Dilly's and Dabott.

XUAB is back!!! Thanks for the transcription.
    Eat Donuts!

Welcome back xuab. Was out tonight so thanks for the wonderful job you do on these posts. Much appreciated.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Thanks Xuab. You were brilliant, as usual. Can't do without you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Much appreciated.

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by xuab View Post
    Okay, I'll come out of retirement - at least for tonight.

Anyone know where I can find th epodcast? Lame 55krc has an old show in where it says 10-21 show: http://www.55krc.com/media/podcast-t...2113-23868683/
    Chris Mack: "I just knew that I had a lot more passion for basketball than I did for hydraulic oil."

Quote Originally Posted by xuab View Post
    Brian in the crowd: ....

Joe in crowd: You recently had the opportunity to recruit in Xavier, but it didn’t pan out. What did you learn?
    CM: I’ll say it like this. That recruitment came to us. We weren’t necessarily combing the waters. Alex and his family initiated the recruitment. At the end of the day, it didn’t work out. We didn’t have our assistant coaches trying to find these guys. There are too many guys in America to send the coaches to look for a needle in a haystack.

What was this about?

BTW, thank you very much XUAB.
    X A V I E R