Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Re: Blueitt decommits from UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    If X makes it to the second weekend of the tournament Maj is GONE for sure.
    Yup. You can practically guarantee his being drafted in the lottery at that point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Next year's roster, as it stands, has three seniors (Davis, Martin, and Stainbrook). three juniors (Abell, Farr, and Christon), four sophomores (Davis, Randolph, Reynolds, and Richards), and four freshmen (London, Macura, O'Mara, and Sumner). That is one over the limit, but Martin will graduate after this season so that could be a solution assuming Christon stays for his junior year. Obviously if Christon leaves after this season, as many project, that would also be a solution. Should Xavier add another recruit, both "solutions" must happen unless another player decides to leave the program.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Re: Blueitt decommits from UCLA

Remember that it doesn't have to be Martin. Another player could transfer out.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Remember that it doesn't have to be Martin. Another player could transfer out.

Which happens nearly every year.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Word on the street is that about the only two things that could possibly keep Semaj from entering the draft next year are (i) an injury; or (ii) a really bad year statistically. I don't think any of us want either of those, so we should just plan to enjoy Semaj while we have him.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Word on the street is that about the only two things that could possibly keep Semaj from entering the draft next year are (i) an injury; or (ii) a really bad year statistically. I don't think any of us want either of those, so we should just plan to enjoy Semaj while we have him.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    This.
    Yes, if he has a good year statistically and doesn't get hurt he will get picked top 13 in the draft. In this year's draft class, that is impressive. Blueitt didn't decommit without some coach recruiting him while he was committed to UCLA. I wouldn't put that past Crean at all or K at Duke especially since both negative recruit.

Butler would be kind of a surprise with an unknown commodity at coach but in the college basketball world you really can never know.

Sophomore
    Those of you that are counting on Semaj for a junior year are going to be extremely disappointed come April. Xavier has not had someone with this much pro potential before. D West could've left after his junior year yes, but we haven't had anyone good to go after 2 years (remember J Craw was 3 years in college when he left...also the NCAA tournament really propelled him into 1st round).

LA Muskie is on the ball...I don't see him having a bad year statistically so god forbid injury would be the only thing keeping him out of the draft.

FYI, hearing from an AAU friend that Alford is recruiting Justice Winslow from the same class. I wonder if Winslow will commit soon which is triggering Blueitt's decision here.

This would be a nice problem to have.
    Zip'em Up!