Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Ah I thought you were referring to Chris Thomas.
    Oh, no not at all. I definitely think parting ways with him was the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I'm not sure what recruit you're referring to, but the one I'm talking about has no baggage whatsoever, and anyone associated with Xavier would have been ecstatic to land him. Now, we get to play him twice a year instead.
    Yeah, I know who you mean. Whatever.

I don't know about "game changing" though. Wasn't a for sure one way or the other.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yeah, I know who you mean. Whatever.

I don't know about "game changing" though. Wasn't a for sure one way or the other.
    If you're talking about the same kid I am, I have no problem assuring that he would've been a VERY valuable addition. One of the most solid and unique high school basketball players I've seen. No use worrying about it now.

I'm not sure what recruit you're referring to, but the one I'm talking about has no baggage whatsoever, and anyone associated with Xavier would have been ecstatic to land him. Now, we get to play him twice a year instead.
    I'm guessing you are referring to DVR. I'm curious to hear how likely he was to choose XU over GTown but for the Wells scandal. That said, I have no doubt it had some degree of effect on his decision. I don't see how it could not have. I know it would have mattered to me.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I'm guessing you are referring to DVR. I'm curious to hear how likely he was to choose XU over GTown but for the Wells scandal. That said, I have no doubt it had some degree of effect on his decision. I don't see how it could not have. I know it would have mattered to me.
    He is referring to Villanova freshman Kris Jenkins.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

If you're talking about the same kid I am, I have no problem assuring that he would've been a VERY valuable addition. One of the most solid and unique high school basketball players I've seen. No use worrying about it now.
    Not denying that he would have been a valuable addition...just not a for sure that he was coming to us whether there was the Dez issue or not.

Yep, same kid.

I think that we have now filled the spot that the kid in question would have filled...with arguably more depth...but a year later.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 10-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Not denying that he would have been a valuable addition...just not a for sure that he was coming to us whether there was the Dez issue or not.

Yep, same kid.

I think that we have now filled the spot that the kid in question would have filled...with arguably more depth...but a year later.
    Jenkins is a PF who would have competed for time with Reynolds. I call Jenkins a Dejuan Blair type of player, short but a big body. Yes a valuable addition but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Jenkins is better than anybody we have at the 3.

Arizona,
    I thought Jenkins was a 3. I could be wrong.

I saw your post after I posted.
    Last edited by gladdenguy; 10-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Welcome to Xavier Sean. We appreciate you providing an obvious opportunity to bring up Dez Wells again.

Yep, same kid.

I am sure, for whatever it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Jenkins is a PF who would have competed for time with Reynolds. I call Jenkins a Dejuan Blair type of player, short but a big body. Yes a valuable addition but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    Dejuan Blair was arguably the best PF in the country and led a top 5-10 team all year long. I don't lose sleep over recruiting either, but I wouldn't downplay how good a pickup Jenkins would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Welcome to Xavier Sean. We appreciate you providing an obvious opportunity to bring up Dez Wells again.
    On behalf of the whole board, we'd like to show our token of appreciation for GoMuskie's Snarky Ass Post Number 12,000! It's been a long time coming, but we finally got here.