Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Just looked, Larkin's tallest guy is 6'6 followed by 3 guys who are 6'5. I troll a KU board and they went nuts when Cliff Alexander had a near triple double with points, boards, and blocks. Another troll on their board was quick to point out his opponents had no guys over 6'4.

Edit: I really like O'Mara. I am not knocking him just pointing out when you are big like him there are some HS teams who simply can't toss a guy out there to defend you at all.
    Alexander did have 30 and 13 against Montverde who does have some height besides being the #1 team in the country.

He matches up against Jahlil Okafor for the State Championship tonight. For those who don't know, Okafor is the top overall 2014 recruit and is 6'11''. Should be a good test for the kind of size he'll be going up against in college.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

O'mara playing now. Here's the link.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/93767

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    O'mara playing now. Here's the link.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/93767
    Sean O'Mara's team lost by 2 points in a very low scoring game. Sean afforded himself quite well against Okafor going for 8 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists while Okafor had 8-6-3. I think that was the 4th straight Class 4A title for Okafor's team.

It would appear that Sean O'Mara can hold his own against the highest rated center coming out of high school this year. This bodes well for the Muskies for years to come (although one game is not a perfect barometer for such things).

I haven't seen the box score...how low scoring was this? This brings up a pet peeve, but why are there no shot clocks in hs? I know it would be an issue with incompetence ruining some of the games, but state championships and tournaments? Get these guys on a clock, the 4 corners is an ancient option and should sit on the shelf along with any success dayton's program has ever had.

All that aside, I'm really glad to read that Sean put up a nice effort against "the greatest center who ever lived" version 2014.

O'Mara had a ton of help in the game with a guy coming over to double Okafor every time he touched the ball. He did well but the gameplan by the HC for Benet was focused on stopping Okafor.
    "I was in Dayton, Ohio you ever been there? You know what's fun to do there...pack up and get the f#@$ out of there." Dave Attell

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    O'Mara had a ton of help in the game with a guy coming over to double Okafor every time he touched the ball. He did well but the gameplan by the HC for Benet was focused on stopping Okafor.
    The important point was that O'Mara was the primary defender of the player who many rank as the top recruit in the Country for 2014. Help or no help, he did his job and did it well. If you saw any of the post-game interviews, you'll also notice that he's a great kid and he spreads the praise to others (including Okafor and the entire Whitney Young team). He's going to be a very good addition to the Muskie squad in the long run but he will likely have a tough transition to the high D-1 college game just as 99.99% of all Freshmen players do. I'd love it if our Coaching Staff can give him and his incoming frosh teammates some significant minutes beyond mop-up time (more than the last minute so that the starters can get their deserved polite applause from the assembled multitude). I'm sure Chris Mack and his fellow coaches would love that luxury as well.