Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    And some people were worried about Mack's Recruiting. HA.
    Fans are fickle, but there was a time not long ago where the concerns were warranted. It is great to see Mack filling out some classes with 3 and 4 start recruits.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Fans are fickle, but there was a time not long ago where the concerns were warranted. It is great to see Mack filling out some classes with 3 and 4 start recruits.
    I agree 100%. It was fair to question the recruiting for a time. Mack and company have rebounded nicely. This is a huge pickup for Xavier as far as I am concerned.
    Eat Donuts!

Great news! My prayers were answered. Thank you God. We needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I agree 100%. It was fair to question the recruiting for a time. Mack and company have rebounded nicely. This is a huge pickup for Xavier as far as I am concerned.
    Please. I love ya, Booze, but every one seems to forget the coaching transition. The Desert Raccoon left us in the lurch - not just from the Head Coaching position, but all the assistants, who are chief recruiters too. Let's not even talk about committed recruits being talked to about Lexus Vs Buicks. Dez was pretty good too.

Recruiting is about building relationships over time. That is why you just can't keep having guys leave. We were able to be fortunate with JCraw, Tu and transfers to fill the gap, but to get the solid 4 star kids, you have to be in early. These are 2014 recruits we're talking about and we're all over 2015 kids now.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Makinde London has committed to Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Please. I love ya, Booze, but every one seems to forget the coaching transition. The Desert Raccoon left us in the lurch - not just from the Head Coaching position, but all the assistants, who are chief recruiters too. Let's not even talk about committed recruits being talked to about Lexus Vs Buicks. Dez was pretty good too.

Recruiting is about building relationships over time. That is why you just can't keep having guys leave. We were able to be fortunate with JCraw, Tu and transfers to fill the gap, but to get the solid 4 star kids, you have to be in early. These are 2014 recruits we're talking about and we're all over 2015 kids now.
    Amen brother. Preaching to the choir. We need to get a beer next time we're one the same area code.
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

This kid looks to have quite a bit of game and some serious potential. Great get for Mack and Co.

Makinde was a guard then grew like 8 or 9 inches in a year. I love big men with guard skills.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    That shouldn't be a concern. The administration has emphasized to the staff a need to go after "sure things" in the next few years, and since the Big East looks to continue their rule against "partial qualfiers" (in quotes, because technically it's not a thing anymore), the risk is too great. Before, you might have to wait a year to get the guy, but now he wouldn't be able to attend at all.

London's academics specifically look to all be in order.
    If they "look" to all be in order, that isn't acceptable. Also, they must absolutely be in order, not specifically in order. This is Father Graham's fault. Please fire Father Graham.
    X A V I E R

Montverde Academy in Montverde FL. about a 2 hour road trip for me,,, must get this season's schedule!

http://montverde.org/athletics/overview/

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...erica/New_York
    Last edited by XU-PA; 09-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Makinde on the floor with Jalen Reynolds is pretty awesome. And some serious athletic ability.

Semaj staying one more year would be unreal.