Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Makinde has a TON of potential but he definitely has work to do. Didn't really do much today.. Seemed to be standing around an awful lot on both ends of the court... Would have liked to seen him be more aggressive.

Yeah, he's reallllly long and has a quick shot...but he was VERY off on his shots (I think like 0-6 from 3) and didn't seem to have much energy. The announcers talked up his peformance in the prior game, but he may need some time to build an athletic base as he doesn't seem like he's a real 4 but more of an extremely tall 2 who is a Lloyd Price level shooter.

***Please don't take that as a "ripping" of the young man. I saw one game of his, and he looked a bit flat (3rd game in 4 days) but the guy going to LSU, #22 I believe, was otherworldly in how good he was...which made everyone on the court look a little less impressive. The OSU recruit shoots alot and was smooth, should be a contributor early. Makinde has skills that are crazy for a guy that is that tall, but he may need a bit to develop into that body. But with this team and the depth at the 3-4, I am hoping he'll get that**

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCaged View Post
    Yeah, he's reallllly long and has a quick shot...but he was VERY off on his shots (I think like 0-6 from 3) and didn't seem to have much energy. The announcers talked up his peformance in the prior game, but he may need some time to build an athletic base as he doesn't seem like he's a real 4 but more of an extremely tall 2 who is a Lloyd Price level shooter.

***Please don't take that as a "ripping" of the young man. I saw one game of his, and he looked a bit flat (3rd game in 4 days) but the guy going to LSU, #22 I believe, was otherworldly in how good he was...which made everyone on the court look a little less impressive. The OSU recruit shoots alot and was smooth, should be a contributor early. Makinde has skills that are crazy for a guy that is that tall, but he may need a bit to develop into that body. But with this team and the depth at the 3-4, I am hoping he'll get that**
    The LSU guy is a top 5 recruit. London was 3-6 from 3 in the quarterfinal.

In the games I saw he did do a lot of hanging around on the perimeter but when he was aggressive he showed off some impressive ball handling and scoring abilities. His long arms could make him and Reynolds a very good rim-protecting duo in a couple of years as well. He played with and against a lot of high level talent too which can only help his maturation into the college game. He obviously needs to pack on some muscle but he'll be one heck of a stretch 4 as long as he keeps working hard.

To go along with that, here's a nice article with quotes from Makinde about his season at Montverde and how the experience will help at Xavier:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/prep...champ/7356401/
    Last edited by The_Mack_Pack; 04-07-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mack_Pack View Post
    In the games I saw he did do a lot of hanging around on the perimeter but when he was aggressive he showed off some impressive ball handling and scoring abilities. His long arms could make him and Reynolds a very good rim-protecting duo in a couple of years as well. He played with and against a lot of high level talent too which can only help his maturation into the college game. He obviously needs to pack on some muscle but he'll be one heck of a stretch 4 as long as he keeps working hard.

To go along with that, here's a nice article with quotes from Makinde about his season at Montverde and how the experience will help at Xavier:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/prep...champ/7356401/
    Agreed. There was chatter on the other board about him seeming to "go through the motions" and not being aggressive enough. I think people need to understand that his team is absolutely STACKED. He's not going to put up Trevon Blueitt kind of numbers in that situation - nobody will. Semaj averaged like 13 and 7 at Brewster and Jalen didn't even start. He'll be fine. It might take him a bit longer because he's not as physically ready as those guys, but I wouldn't be concerned about a few subpar performances.

Yeah, it's simply not his job to be aggressive on that team. Spending a lot of time floating around the perimeter is actually good for the team as a whole, as he pulls a big away from the middle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk