Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals

Giovani needs to be more involved as well.

I wanna punch Jay Gruden for throwing the ball on 2nd down at the end of the half. And of course the Bears make a 59 yarder at the end of half.

The way AJ Green and Sanu hold the football reminds me of Pee wee games I watched on Saturday.

Marvin Lewis is a bafoon. It really is time to move on.

Sophomore
    If nothing else the Offense looked good. The 4th quarter was so painful to watch. I'm still far from convinced with Dalton, granted I think he's gotten better this year, but AJ Green makes him look so good almost all the time.

Just have to rebound next weekend.

There were issues on both sides of the ball. Players looked rusty and unready for the spped of a regular season game. What concerns me most, though, are all of the mental mistakes. Stupid penalties- especially Maualuga's personal foul that extended Chicago's 4th qtr. drive and sealed their victory. It wasn't the root cause of the loss (that is shared by many), but it highlighted a disappointing day. The Bengals played well enough to have gone in there and won by 14 or more, but made enough stupid mistakes to not only let the Bears hang in, but escape with a victory.

The coaches will have a lot of fuel for practice this week and if they have any kahones at all, they will make AJ Green the poster boy of this loss. Both of Andy's interceptions were his fault and no one else's.

Marvin Lewis is the 2nd most tenured coach in the league. He still has no clue on clock management. Not running the ball (and wasting clock) on 2nd down right before the end of the first half cost the Bengals the game. The ball was inside the 20 - we weren't going to score before the half. Just watch, next week the Bengals will have the ball on the 40 with a minute or so to play in the first half and Marvin will kneel it.

I know Brian "Leaping" Leonard isn't with the team anymore, but his influence is. I saw at least three times when a Bengals offensive player leaped while running with the ball. I cringed every time it happened.

Sure glad we re-signed Rey Malaluga. He sure looks different this year.

Nice holding penalty by Orson Charles on a Gio run that would have given the Bengals a first down on the 40 yard line. Instead, because of the penalty the Bengals go three and out and punt. I would have much rather had John Conner on the roster. But yeah, Orson gives us sooooo much more on special teams. So much more that our average field position was somewhere around the 19 yard line and the Bears was somewhere in the thirties.

Where was Geno yesterday? Was he double/triple teamed all day or something?

Overall, it was just a disappointing day yesterday. Championship level teams don't play that way.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Marvin Lewis is the 2nd most tenured coach in the league. He still has no clue on clock management. Not running the ball (and wasting clock) on 2nd down right before the end of the first half cost the Bengals the game. The ball was inside the 20 - we weren't going to score before the half. Just watch, next week the Bengals will have the ball on the 40 with a minute or so to play in the first half and Marvin will kneel it.
    I have generally defended Marvin Lewis in the past, but a lot of what cost us the game yesterday is a direct result of coaching. Players picking up stupid penalties, turning the ball over, etc. comes down to coaching, IMO. Clock management and Timout management are also coaching, and they were terrible.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I wanna punch Jay Gruden for throwing the ball on 2nd down at the end of the half.
    Flat out terrible. The last minute of the first half was the difference in the game.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Flat out terrible. The last minute of the first half was the difference in the game.
    And Marvin defended the pass play saying he wanted to give his offense a chance to score. I understand if Lewis didn't want to throw Gruden under the bus, but no one can convince me the bengals needed to pass the ball in that situation. It was only second down! If nothing else, run the ball on 2nd and if you have to pass, at least do it on 3rd down after 25-30 more seconds had run off the clock.

There are a number of ways to advance the ball, giving your offense a chance to score,and managing the game clock all at the same time.

This loss can be blamed on everyone from the top down.

However, I think it will serve the Bengals well after all the hype they received this preseason. Now we have a much better chance to sneak up on other teams.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    However, I think it will serve the Bengals well after all the hype they received this preseason. Now we have a much better chance to sneak up on other teams.
    We all know that this is key.

Marvin has had clock management issues before and terrible challenges too. That's just Marvin and it is not going to change suddenly. He is just not that good.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    That Quinoa veggie burger Bud Light commercial is funny....so concludes Random Thoughts by Nigel Tufnel.
    Highlight of the game. I think it was the look on the actors face that did it for me. I laughed so hard hubby came in the room to check on me.

No excuse for the Bengals losing that game. I agree with the comments that Marvin has been a coach for too long to allow the clock management issues to happen. He only looks good by comparison to most other Bengals coaches.

But, we all know he ain't leavin' until he chooses to, so long as Mikey Boy is getting paid.