Page 95 of 272 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
    Catholics are pretty evenly split between Elephants and Asses, given that some of the Church's doctrine tends to be embodied by the Elephants' platform, and some of the Church's doctrine gets covered by the Asses. Fighting among Catholics as to which political party they should be a part of to be "most Catholic" is likely to be even more pointless than most political discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    Good to see you know me so well considering you've never even met me. Nothing like name-calling when someone happens to disagree with you.
    Sorry we haven't been able to meet for dinner so that we can really get to know each other. I was just commenting based on your post, which, by most accounts, was quite angst-ridden. And as far as "name calling" goes, um, you started it dude. Again with the double standards...

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Sorry we haven't been able to meet for dinner so that we can really get to know each other. I was just commenting based on your post, which, by most accounts, was quite angst-ridden. And as far as "name calling" goes, um, you started it dude. Again with the double standards...
    So glad that you've determined that I'm so full of angst simply by having a political disagreement. I've actually been looking for a psychological diagnosis from a stranger on the Internet for quite some time, so I'm glad you could provide that for me. After all these years, who would have thought that my political opinions have been formed by "a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general"? I'm sure if I just start believing that supply-side economics works and climate change is a hoax, then all of that anxiety will just go away.
    Last edited by ChicagoX; 05-13-2015 at 05:15 PM.

OK, straw poll...
    Was ChicagoX's post angst-ridden?
    a) Yes
    b) No
    c) BYU

Please vote only once.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    OK, straw poll...
    Was ChicagoX's post angst-ridden?
    a) Yes
    b) No
    c) BYU

Please vote only once.
    You forgot choice D: Ron Everhart

I'm sure if I just start believing that supply-side economics works and climate change is a hoax, then all of that anxiety will just go away.
    Yes, your problems will be solved!!!!!

Come over to the light side, brother.

(I have worked all day and I'm still at work. Why are my billables so low for today? Oh.........)
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-13-2015 at 05:35 PM.

You forgot choice D: Ron Everhart
    I tried but couldn't rep you for this one.

Global cooling has returned to Cincinnati. The high today is only 58 degrees!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    No more "all over" the idea than the Climate Change protagonists were when the lakes in the Southeast- especially Georgia- we're at record lows and the constant reason cited was "global warming" ....all....the....time. ALARM....ALARM!!!!! Well, look at those lakes and water supply now. No problems and no more talk about Georgia diverting water from Alabama or Florida.

Can't have it both ways.
    Sounds like Texas and Oklahoma are now starting to jump into the same boat - just a couple of years ago both states had a large portion of their states encompassed in extreme (d3) and in some cases exceptional (d4) drought. As of this week, only about 5-10% of those states are encompassed in severe (d2) drought. They're in a cycle where they've had heavy rains in the past couple of weeks.

US Drought Monitor

There is still extreme and exceptional drought in the West (notably California), but the question now is when the drought cycle is expected to subside.

Posted without comment....because it speaks for itself.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...ing-after-all/

"Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth’s polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede."
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell