Page 191 of 272 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Cherry picking as usual, eh 87? Using your site, I found that March was above average half of the days, and April was above average over two-thirds of the days. May has also begun above average. However unlike you and MOR, I don't confuse local weather with climate. Notice I said nothing to MOR other than to say that our spring, which I might add begins in April, has been delightful. Even my wife, who complains about the weather constantly, agrees with me. And if you found spring this year to be otherwise, I pity your sad sack.
    First day of Spring was March 20th this year.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    First day of Spring was March 20th this year.
    And in over half the days in March starting on March 20, the temperature in Cincinnati was above average. Thanks for assisting my argument.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

And in over half the days in March starting on March 20, the temperature in Cincinnati was above average. Thanks for assisting my argument.
    No, just didn’t want you to dumb down the board...again.

How’s that Trump market correction??? Haha!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Suggest you listen regardless of your political views. Stand by your views on matters of policy, but to be held to them in a closed-minded way on matters of fact, that's not good. But to ignore to listen ... that's really a big part of the problem (and it goes on with both sides).
    I’ll listen to discussions of the climate, but I won’t listen to any of the apocalyptic hyperbole. And all the solutions presented by extremely far left politicians that conveniently implement all their policy goals corrupt most of the good faith of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I’ll listen to discussions of the climate, but I won’t listen to any of the apocalyptic hyperbole. And all the solutions presented by extremely far left politicians that conveniently implement all their policy goals corrupt most of the good faith of the discussion.
    Well said!

Also, I’ll continue to recycle more than my neighbors, wife will continue to bring her own bags to Kroger, and still use run off rain water to water our plants. Like Dash said, we need to be good stewards.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    No, just didn’t want you to dumb down the board...again.

How’s that Trump market correction??? Haha!
    You're the one who claims to know something of economics, yet actually knows nothing. The really sad thing is that you actually believe you know what you are talking about. But since you are throwing insults around, I thought I'd let you know just how idiotic most of your commentary is.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Glad you've come around and will listen. I understand your main point and it is a problem both ways.

The hyperbole (which usually comes from the media rather than scientists themselves, but not always) is indeed a big part of the problem. I know scientifically, that human's release of CO2 has augmented green house gasses (including water vapor) which has resulted in temperature rise (much more extreme in the arctic area than in the US). I can't make an argument that the result of the temperature rise so far has been definitively positive or negative such as "more recent extreme weather". Actually, a possible first real effect might be the opening of the shipping lanes north of Russia which might negatively impact the US economy/security ... but we will see. I do know that many (not all) of the models and forecasts suggest that we should really take concern and somehow find common ground instead of a left vs right battle. Like the hyperbole of rapists and terrorists amongst the want-to-be immigrants and asylum seekers presented by the far right has precluded both sides from at least implementing something common ground regarding immigration (but that discussion belongs in the politics thread).

Not you, but others dissing the scientists, shouldn't until they at least have looked at facts. Same can be said for non-layers or non-doctors, etc. on various topics. People just making stuff up because of their political leanings when a few minutes of internet research can usually provide some basic knowledge and make people more aware of common ground for their starting point and then argue left or right for more.

You're the one who claims to know something of economics, yet actually knows nothing. The really sad thing is that you actually believe you know what you are talking about. But since you are throwing insults around, I thought I'd let you know just how idiotic most of your commentary is.
    Haha, Trump correction. Wrong as always. Haha. Derper.

Well, you gave me an A in your Econ class...

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Well said!

Also, I’ll continue to recycle more than my neighbors, wife will continue to bring her own bags to Kroger, and still use run off rain water to water our plants. Like Dash said, we need to be good stewards.
    All in on being good stewards! We are very conscious of our water usage, we recycle as much as possible (I was shocked when they stopped with glass here?) but I do not take my bags that I own to the grocery store. We have a dog. You could argue that the small bags you get from the park use less plastic, but you have to consider how many you use. My 60 pound dog seems to poop half her weight daily. Her personal best on a walk around the block is FOUR times. I’m sure I have a bagful in the backyard as I type! Don’t get me started on my son’s puppy!!! Half my dogs size, but eats 50% more! That’s A LOT of poop bags!

Now, back to the never ending topic at hand.....