Page 184 of 272 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2712
    I hope our 3 point shooting begins to warm. I’ll try to cut back on my carbon imprint, or sacrifice one of Mick’s goats....whatever it takes.

Trump on twitter: “Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS - Whatever happened to Global Warming?”

Perhaps Donald is a poster on this board!

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Trump on twitter: “Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS - Whatever happened to Global Warming?”

Perhaps Donald is a poster on this board!
    You've got to be kidding. No way the President of the US says anything that stupid or ignorant. Oh wait, our President is Trump. Never mind.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Welp, it's 5 years later since this thread started, nothing has changed. It's December, cold as hell, and has been since mid-October. Even my golf trip to the desert last week was way below normal temps. Soooo. Where's the Global Warming??

By the way. Looks like normal Frenchmen, not the self important preening politicians, are rioting against the massive fuel tax hike that Macron was trying to impose to allegedly wean the poor serfs off of fossil fuels. Damn. It sure is amazing when environmental theory runs up against the brick wall of public economic reality, isn't it?
    Oh, and temps in Paris are just a bit below normal for this time of the year, for those who think I only look out my window. Damn that Global Cooling!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Just call me Trump.
    If the Polar Vortex comes from, errrr, Polar areas, then it's still more than freezing cold up there and now it's here. Coldest temps for 25 years. Of course, we were all supposed to be underwater by now as per AlGore.
    Yeah, where's the warming?
    Temp.jpg
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Death. Taxes. MOR posting about climate change on a cold day in January.

1/26/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Oh yes, the old "it's not climate it's weather" argument.

Yet, here it is in The Washington Post today from no less a debater than the UN's Kofi Annan. QUOTE:

"Recent months have also brought examples- from typhoons in the Philipines to the Polar Vortex in North America and widespread floods in Europe- of the increase in extreme weather events are the inevitable outcome of climate change". Hmmm. Nah, no attempt at linkage there.

And then this from Annan: QUOTE:

"Climate justice also demands that those richer countries that have done the most to cause the buildup of greenhouse gas emissions in our atmosphere- and reaped the benefits- help poorer nations adapt to the climate change already underway."

So, there it is in one tidy little Washington Post article. Weather IS apparently the same as Climate and alleged "Climate Change" is a very convenient attempt (as opposed to an "Inconvenient Truth") to find another way to redistribute wealth. Hey Kofi, why don't you just publish this in the Beijing Times? They seem to be putting out more "greenhouse gasses" right now than anyone else on the planet. How about they redistribute some of their wealth? I thought that was their philosophy anyway?

Meanwhile, it's 8 degrees and snowing in Cleveland...in January...and will be below zero this week. Where the hell is the warming?
    1/20/2015
    January 20 and it's snowing in Cleveland today.

Sounds about right to me.
    1/20/2016
    Oh, just checking.........It's January 20....and it's 19 degrees today. It's winter. Just as it is supposed to be. No Palm Trees yet on Lake Erie's shores.
    1/18/17
    More bull pap passing for "science" in the latest doomsday report:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/18/...yn2WqM.twitter
    1/17/18
    Is -88 degrees cold? I guess the polar ice caps are still melting.
    By the way, since the ocean water temperatures are so damn high, the number of freezing sea turtles is unprecedented.
    Damn, this warming is a bitch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1

Cue X-Man’s rebuttal and XU87’s global cooling snark in 3,2,1....

I suppose there weren't any cold days in January 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Death. Taxes. MOR posting about climate change on a cold day in January.

1/26/2014

1/20/2015

1/20/2016

1/18/17

1/17/18

Cue X-Man’s rebuttal and XU87’s global cooling snark in 3,2,1....
    I would have responded earlier, but I've been outside burning fossil fuels to try to warm things up. Unfortunately, it's not working. And once again, I implore you global cooling deniers to come to your senses.

Hey libs,

If you weren't so busy boycotting Starbucks for the 4th time in the past year, you'd know you have to order hot coffee because it's cold and global warming is a lie.

Best,
    Mr. Tired of Winning

Xavier University offers a degree in environmental science that includes classes that might (OK, I'm just winging it here) explain to people the difference between climate and weather.

One can only hope.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.