Page 110 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2712
    I knew I had researched this once before. You need to read my posts instead of yelling "Grow up 87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at your computer screen.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It's a good thing LH hasn't dipped into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I rest my case.
    On what? Are you saying the predictions and models that have been presented are accurate? Jeez, if I had a financial advisor that was as bad as these scientist at forecasting I'd be broke. The hypothesis has been proven inaccurate by the data. When this happens a scientist would adjust theory or drop it all together. Unless what we're discussing here isn't science.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I knew I had researched this once before. You need to read my posts instead of yelling "Grow up 87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at your computer screen.
    That Forbes article in particular is very strange. They describe the findings of a survey done of members of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (Canada), and represent these finding as illustrative of where the scientific community stands on the climate change issue. Talk about misrepresenting results!
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    That Forbes article in particular is very strange. They describe the findings of a survey done of members of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (Canada), and represent these finding as illustrative of where the scientific community stands on the climate change issue. Talk about misrepresenting results!
    The Forbes article says that based on the "Peer Review Study", your views are only accepted by a minority of scientists. As such, I didn't expect you to agree with the article.

But you kept challenging me to find articles from the scientific community that say "global warming is not real", as though such articles don't exist. You're wrong again.
    Last edited by XU 87; 07-16-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    The Forbes article says that based on the "Peer Review Study", your views are only accepted by a minority of scientists. As such, I didn't expect you to agree with the article.

But you kept challenging to find articles from the scientific community that say "global warming is not real", as though such articles don't exist. You're wrong again.
    Tell me how a survey of geologists, engineers, and geophysicists in any way is representative of the global scientific community. Take a look at the referenced article in the Forbes citation, and you will discover exactly what I am talking about.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

It's -55 in Antarctica today.

You do enjoy citing the 1,350 cherry-picked reports. Here are some even bigger numbers:

The Consensus Project measured the level of consensus in published, peer-reviewed climate research that humans are causing global warming. In the most comprehensive analysis to date, we analysed 21 years worth of peer-reviewed papers on “global warming” or “global climate change”. Among the 12,465 papers, we identified over 4,014 abstracts authored by 10,188 scientists that stated a position on human-caused global warming. Among those 4,014 abstracts, 97.1% endorse the consensus. Among the 10,188 scientists, 98.4% endorse the consensus.

Source: http://theconsensusproject.com/index.php

The sad thing is this surely isn't the dumbest thing I will read today since my office plays a fox channel in the lobby.

My guess is that given enough time, you lefties will find some evidence that humans are causing this and will demand we immediately stop all activities which cause this increased radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    You do enjoy citing the 1,350 cherry-picked reports. Here are some even bigger numbers:

The Consensus Project measured the level of consensus in published, peer-reviewed climate research that humans are causing global warming. In the most comprehensive analysis to date, we analysed 21 years worth of peer-reviewed papers on “global warming” or “global climate change”. Among the 12,465 papers, we identified over 4,014 abstracts authored by 10,188 scientists that stated a position on human-caused global warming. Among those 4,014 abstracts, 97.1% endorse the consensus. Among the 10,188 scientists, 98.4% endorse the consensus.

Source: http://theconsensusproject.com/index.php
    According to Forbes and the "peer review article" cited, more scientists agree with me than you.

Is it still cold in Chicago? I was there last month and people were wearing winter coats to the Reds/Cubs games. Global cooling has fallen on Chicago, just like Cincinnati and Cleveland (and the rest of the Midwest and Northeast.)
    Last edited by XU 87; 07-16-2015 at 04:16 PM.