Page 11 of 272 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    HaHaHahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, Then have the UN go to China and shut their asses down so there will be no more coal burning from them. While they're at it, they can go to Russia and shut down all the Baltic Countries too.

The UN won't though. Too easy to blame 'Murrica.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

OOooooooooK, Let's recap the dire predictions for 2013.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted 13 to 20 named storms to develop this season, with 11 of them reaching hurricane strength (winds of at least 74 mph).*It did NOT live up to expectations....not even close.

"We tied for the 4th quietest hurricane season in the last 70 years," said Daniel Noah, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Ruskin, FL.

There were 11 named storms, but only two of them developed into hurricanes.

Let's add to that the record low temperature recorded in the Antarctic recently, and now this- the cooler than the so-called "experts" predicted summer has resulted in an almost 50% increase in Arctic Sea ice now. That is "climate" stuff, folks, not just "weather" as some apologists like to cite.

Soooo, one of the things that the environmental alarmists talk about is that the sea has been absorbing much of the "extra heat" that the earth has been generating- which allegedly the reason that "global warming" hasn't progressed as predicted. Well, if that is the case, then how could sea ice increase by 50% with all of that "extra heat"?

Somehow, these facts get underreportd. I think I'm getting worried about another Ice Age.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    OOooooooooK, Let's recap the dire predictions for 2013.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted 13 to 20 named storms to develop this season, with 11 of them reaching hurricane strength (winds of at least 74 mph).*It did NOT live up to expectations....not even close.

"We tied for the 4th quietest hurricane season in the last 70 years," said Daniel Noah, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service office in Ruskin, FL.

There were 11 named storms, but only two of them developed into hurricanes.

Let's add to that the record low temperature recorded in the Antarctic recently, and now this- the cooler than the so-called "experts" predicted summer has resulted in an almost 50% increase in Arctic Sea ice now. That is "climate" stuff, folks, not just "weather" as some apologists like to cite.

Soooo, one of the things that the environmental alarmists talk about is that the sea has been absorbing much of the "extra heat" that the earth has been generating- which allegedly the reason that "global warming" hasn't progressed as predicted. Well, if that is the case, then how could sea ice increase by 50% with all of that "extra heat"?

Somehow, these facts get underreportd. I think I'm getting worried about another Ice Age.
    A single year (or any part of a year) does not indicate a change in the science of global warming. The highs are slated to be as much as 10-15 degrees above normal for the next couple of days but you will not hear the climate scientists crowing "See, I told ya so!!!"

CLIMATE is described as the average of all weather factors for an area over 30 consecutive years of measuring those factors.

When people start talking about 30-year trends, I'll start listening!

Are you kidding MOR? This is just evidence that the left was correct but is fixing the problem.

Fixing the Russians is next on the agenda.

Junior
    A. Global Warming is just more environmentalist bullshit. I shoved 8 inches of global warming from my driveway last week.
    B. Stopping America from burning coal is no big deal for the environment, when you consider the amount burned by China and Russia. Just because we stop, doesn't mean China or Russia will.
    C. I work with people who drill for oil and gas, and people who harvest trees. They are constantly being hassled by the "Green Crowd" who live in DC and NYC, and don't realize that we have enough oil, gas, and trees to last til hell freezes, which by the way is more likely than their Global Warming Crapola.

The goal of the left is to have govt control everything. Global warming is just a play for the left to control the environment.
    Last edited by SpectorJersey; 12-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Holy shit. I think I just got dumber by reading the last 4 posts.

Screw our grandkids. If we use up all the oil in the ground, they can find their own.
    It only takes a few million years to make some more.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Screw our grandkids. If we use up all the oil in the ground, they can find their own.
    It only takes a few million years to make some more.
    Sounds like similar reasoning that George W Bush, Nancy Pelosi, and Barry have for running up the debt on the US.

We will not run out of oil or other sources of energy. Innovation around new sources in energy along with increased technology in drilling and reserves will keep things moving.

In 2007 Al Gore, the Global Warming hero, used 20 times that national average on electric and gas energy for his mansion in Tenn.