Page 101 of 272 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2712
    We sat around the '87 fire pit last night to stay warm. My only concern- the fire burned for several hours. Since we were burning carbon based wood, how much CO2 did we release?
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-28-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Ii
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yes,

Let's base opinions and billions of dollars of wasted resources on a few decades of measurements- actually in reality a couple of decades of flawed computer model predictions- rather than looking at the globe over thousands or millions of years. Then, let's take those flawed models and predict the most dire, catastrophic outcome.

Man's hubris over how much he thinks he controls- both negative and positive- is amazing.
    I've found this also applies to raising children.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    We sat around the '87 fire pit last night to stay warm. My only concern- the fire burned for several hours. Since we were burning carbon based wood, how much CO2 did we release?
    Probably less than you all exhaled.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yes,

Let's base opinions and billions of dollars of wasted resources on a few decades of measurements- actually in reality a couple of decades of flawed computer model predictions- rather than looking at the globe over thousands or millions of years. Then, let's take those flawed models and predict the most dire, catastrophic outcome.

Man's hubris over how much he thinks he controls- both negative and positive- is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Ii

I've found this also applies to raising children.
    And this is verrrrrrrrry true.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

If you were all drinking beer, I'd be more worried about the methane released.
    2023 Sweet 16

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Just back from a trip to Glacier National Park. If you have never been to that part of the world and love the great outdoors, I strongly suggest you go there. But go soon if you want to actually see any glaciers. The number of glaciers is down to 25 from about 150 in the late 1800's, and the park people estimate that they will all be gone in the next 15 to 20 years.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Just back from a trip to Glacier National Park. If you have never been to that part of the world and love the great outdoors, I strongly suggest you go there. But go soon if you want to actually see any glaciers. The number of glaciers is down to 25 from about 150 in the late 1800's, and the park people estimate that they will all be gone in the next 15 to 20 years.
    Do you even know how cold it is in Cincinnati!!??

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I'm glad you took a plane or car to go see a glacier that is disappearing because people are taking non-essential trips in cars and planes.....
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    I'm glad you took a plane or car to go see a glacier that is disappearing because people are taking non-essential trips in cars and planes.....
    "Do as I say, not as I do."

Smore's?
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 06-29-2015 at 10:29 AM.