Page 194 of 272 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The list of things that the Pope, the Pentagon, the Chinese, and the scientific community all independently agree on,
    Of course the Chinese claim there is "climate change". They want fools like the US and Europe to make all these dramatic changes, which will make doing business cost prohibitive in those countries. China will then welcome these businesses with open arms.

The Chinese slogan will be - "Come to China. We don't have all these stupid environmental rules."

Sophomore
    I mean...BOY! You really gotta watch out for the Pope and the Chinese!
    I mean, you really do have to look out for the chinese. probably our biggest enemy alongside russia and they are much more powerful. shockingly, both countries aggressively push apocalyptic climate change theories

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I mean, you really do have to look out for the chinese. probably our biggest enemy alongside russia and they are much more powerful. shockingly, both countries aggressively push apocalyptic climate change theories
    So does the Pentagon. If it's a hoax, then the Pentagon is in on it, which means they're working with China, which means that maybe they really aren't an enemy since the diplomacy is strong enough for us to work with them to pull off this great hoax. I want the people calling this a hoax to be right, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that they are.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    So does the Pentagon. If it's a hoax, then the Pentagon is in on it, which means they're working with China, which means that maybe they really aren't an enemy since the diplomacy is strong enough for us to work with them to pull off this great hoax. I want the people calling this a hoax to be right, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that they are.
    true. and i don't really think it's a hoax, although i do think people go a little overboard on the doom and gloom at times. i was mostly disturbed by your comment implying china is some sort of innocent player in our international relations. i occasionally see that and it really bothers me. china is a serious threat and too many people don't treat them as such

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    true. and i don't really think it's a hoax, although i do think people go a little overboard on the doom and gloom at times. i was mostly disturbed by your comment implying china is some sort of innocent player in our international relations. i occasionally see that and it really bothers me. china is a serious threat and too many people don't treat them as such
    Oh, okay.

Well, that's not what I was implying. I was trying to point out that four groups that could not possibly have less in common with one another, and that have virtually no common interests, and if anything are all adversaries, all independently came up with the same conclusion.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

One can't deny that China is a major competitor of the US, and has to be faced on a variety of fronts.
    Their stealing technology especially must be addressed.
    But almost half of the investment in renewable energy in the entire world last year was made by China.
    Their dependence on coal slowed their emission reduction for a couple of years, but they are heavily investing in renewable...far more than the US.

Instead of throwing unfounded claims around, hoaxes and fake news and what not, we should be concentrating on preserving the planet (and leaving it better than we found it) for our grandchildren.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    One can't deny that China is a major competitor of the US, and has to be faced on a variety of fronts.
    But almost half of the investment in renewable energy in the entire world last year was made by China.
    Their dependence on coal slowed their emission reduction for a couple of years, but they are heavily investing in renewable...far more than the US.

Instead of throwing unfounded claims around, hoaxes and fake news and what not, we should be concentrating on preserving the planet (and leaving it better than we found it) for our grandchildren.
    Yeah, Right Paul. I guess you didn't read what I had posted a few days ago on this thread.

"China PRODUCES 46% and USES 51% of the world's supply of coal...and it ain't falling. In fact, China's own production of coal was 2.1% HIGHER in December 2018 than it was in 2017 and they even ramped up and opened NEW mines in 2018, so they ain't living up to any promises."

The "fake news" is that China is actually acting like they're doing something...when in fact they are not- other than opening new coal mines that is. Oh, yeah, they are definitely investing in BUSINESSES that will sell these garbage pieces of renewable energy crap like wind power to places like the US, but they'll laugh ever using that trash themselves. All it does is enrich them while the rest of the world ties themselves in knots being so "responsible".
    Just stop with the Chinese have the right intentions, but just give them a little more time pap.

And, by the way. The Planet, at least as the US part is concerned, is way better than "as we found it". Remember pictures of sooty Pittsburgh? Remember the Cuyahoga River catching on fire? Remember acid rain? We've done our part. Make the rest of the world- namely India and China- spend up....and fast.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

Totally agree that we must be better stewards of the planet.

US v China energy policy and strategy is complicated. We've been an industrial power for over a century. China is a late bloomer.

I wonder if part of this is about NBV of assets in the older energy tech sectors in the US that must flow through. Couple that with jobs in those sectors that would - will eventually - be lost.

We have to get there, but with a cogent plan.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Oh, yeah, they are definitely investing in BUSINESSES that will sell these garbage pieces of renewable energy crap like wind power to places like the US
    Funny that S. Dakota, Kansas, Iowa and Oklahoma, all red states, now get more than 30% of their energy from wind power.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Funny that S. Dakota, Kansas, Iowa and Oklahoma, all red states, now get more than 30% of their energy from wind power.
    Funny that a guy who lives in Colorado, who is a "Global Warming" proponent, had big snow in Colorado on May 22.

Oh yeah....."Climate Change". #ChildPlease
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell