Page 206 of 272 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Finished it up tonight. Thanks for the recommendation. Quite a fascinating story of his life and recent focuses.
    Had not heard about his efforts to use spent fuel in a safe nuclear reactor design. Sorry the production got sidetracked by Trump's China policy.
    Would be really neat to use all that spent fuel in KY to generate power and not have the safety/waste concerns of our present designs

Hope you get a chance to read that article I noted earlier. Presents a different side of the man in our current pandemic world.
    I know that it's an unpopular opinion but I've always been pro-nuclear power. And not just because it's clean. But after watching the documentary, I'm much more pro nuclear energy.
    Balls of Steele!!

Snow on April 21.
    GLOBAL WARMING!!!
    And “Biden’s China Policy” < “Trumps China Policy”.
    Can’t believe a bleeding heart Progressive like Paul is an apologist for a country who uses slave labor to undercut the rest of the world on solar panel production. Those poor Uyghurs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/b...-xinjiang.html

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/12...-uyghur-labor/
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-21-2021 at 07:05 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I know that it's an unpopular opinion but I've always been pro-nuclear power. And not just because it's clean. But after watching the documentary, I'm much more pro nuclear energy.
    As someone who has worked in the field of environmental science for 25 years, I can tell you nuclear fission is, generally speaking, the best option for minimizing environmental impact. Locally in some cases renewables are best, but the locations are the exception. Someday there will be nuclear fusion, then that will trump all - by far.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Snow on April 21.
    GLOBAL WARMING!!!
    And “Biden’s China Policy” < “Trumps China Policy”.
    Can’t believe a bleeding heart Progressive like Paul is an apologist for a country who uses slave labor to undercut the rest of the world on solar panel production. Those poor Uyghurs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/b...-xinjiang.html

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/12...-uyghur-labor/
    Wondering what your solution would be. Invade China and free the Uyghurs? What do you do with 3 million of them. Admit them on the southern border? Where is the market for these solar panels? US, of course. No market, no sales. Didn't Bolton say trump told Xi he was fine with the concentration camps? Congress voted 413-1 to sanction China last summer. Big nothing. Meanwhile Americans watch this unfold watching their Chinese flat screens, tapping on their Chinese IPhones, and relaxing on their Chinese blankets and pillows. Are they willing to boycott Chinese goods? Nope. Too cheap.
    2023 Sweet 16

So we got snow in Cincinnati on April 20. I think the argument from the global cooling deniers is that "global warming is also causing the global cooling", which seems to be a contradiction in terms.

Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Wondering what your solution would be. Invade China and free the Uyghurs? What do you do with 3 million of them. Admit them on the southern border? Where is the market for these solar panels? US, of course. No market, no sales. Didn't Bolton say trump told Xi he was fine with the concentration camps? Congress voted 413-1 to sanction China last summer. Big nothing. Meanwhile Americans watch this unfold watching their Chinese flat screens, tapping on their Chinese IPhones, and relaxing on their Chinese blankets and pillows. Are they willing to boycott Chinese goods? Nope. Too cheap.
    Tarriff and Boycott. Wow, Bobby! How progressive and woke are you buying products made with slave labor in an oppressive country!
    Boycott, ban or tarriff on a whole list of stuff...AND...Penalize the American companies that are doing business there. Tax the living sheet out of them. Make it hurt these two faced virtue signaling firms that criticize Georgia for a voting law, and won’t shoot movies there but will in oppressive China. By the way Bobby. You can nicely buy a My Pillow to relax on that is Made in the US.
    Go to work Biden and build an international coalition (But he won’t because his crack addicted kid made (makes?) lots of money off “business” dealings there. I guess the Uyghers and a Hong Kong takeover aren’t enough. Wait until they try to assume Taiwan while Dementia Joe takes his all day nap. Biden is too busy apologizing for America to hold China accountable on anything. Biden’s dumbass programs are gonna increase inflation anyway (see gas prices lately) so why not have it go whole hog?
    By the way. Supporting a solar panel US industry would be “infrastructure” unlike giving handouts to badly run cities & states who just waste it anyway. I still think man made global warming is BS but I am interested in always having investments in new technology.
    And Bolton “said” what? In what BS progressive publication did you read that?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-21-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yikes! Does this mean the Mrs can't buy Ivanka's stuff with the Chinese trademarks she got while her daddy was playing president?

Sort of reminds me of the Donald with his Chinese made ties and shirts, going on about those bad Chinese. Wonder if he'll be "penalized?"
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

1901 was when the earth was in a stage of global cooling. In light of today, I am convinced that we're headed towards a second ice age. Don't be a denier.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And Bolton “said” what? In what BS progressive publication did you read that?
    Where you get all your info
    Fox news:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bol...-for-2020-help
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 04-21-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16